Value Line
www.valueline.com New York, NY 150 to 499 Employees

SEC charges missed alot

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsThere is absolutely nothing good about this company. It's managment has proven it's ineptness by looking at the share price.

ConsThe culture is a culture of corruption. The SEC investigation, although barring the former CEO and another from the industry, fining her $10 million and the company $10 million, missed alot.

You have to sign in and out with a time card.

There is high turnover, so you are always training someone new.

If you are late or have a "messy desk" you can have your pay reduced.

Management has some serious issues and the company seems to always being sued, which is why there are never any bonuses.

However, the major shareholder donated $400,000 to some research hosptial in Massachusetts. Look up the grants of the Arnold Bernhard Foundation on Guidestar.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign. The company cannot remain viable under your leadership (or lack of it).

Run from this company, all the negative reviews are true! Wish I stayed on unemployment...

Manager (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Value Line full-time for less than a year

Pros: Worked with some great equally dissatisfied people across departments Cons: Where to begin... rules, rules, more rules... cannot be one minute late 9:01 more than 3x in 3 months or will be docked pay 2%… Advice to Senior Management: It is 2012... figure it out, strong employees have value, treat them like human beings, show some respect and trust that they are responsible people… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Value Line has missed the boat...and so should you

Developer (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Value Line full-time for more than a year

Pros: Nice people to work with over all. Mostly very young… Cons: The Product Development and Technology teams are taking one step forward and two steps back. Senior management does not have the skills or insight… Advice to Senior Management: You guys are not as smart as you think you are. Higher smarter Development Manager who has a clue and is not so… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Value Line.

Worked for Value Line? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Value Line reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Value Line CEO Howard A. Brecher. All reviews posted anonymously by Value Line employees.