Value Place Franchise Services

www.valueplace.com
  www.valueplace.com
There are newer employer reviews for Value Place Franchise Services

Almost non-existent benefits, low pay (plus no pay raises!), and no room for career advancement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services

Pros

Little micromanagement, small staff, easier to develop a rapport with customer base, and a clean & safe place to stay at a reasonable price.

Cons

No matter how long you work there, they do not give pay raises. The pay is on the lower end of the scale, so it doesn't give employees an incentive to stay with the company for long. Other than free lodging which are only entitled to full time employees, the ONE incentive is the bonus that comes around twice a year IF you pass the quality assurance inspection. However, even if you pass inspections and manage to get the bonus taxes eat up nearly half of it so you're maybe looking at $300 total depending on your position. They hire management from outside the company, not from within. This ideology instills little to no confidence in their current employees.

Develop a better program to reward those who put the time to learn the in's and out's of the company.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Value Place Franchise Services (View Most Recent)

I was just of college so, it made sense at the time to accept the position

Current Employee - Property Manager
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Value Place Franchise Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Good experience, basically you are managing an apartment complex. If you are looking for hotel experience, I'm not sure this counts.
    -The hours were decent, most managers work 9-6 no weekends
    -You are provided with the basic tools, it's your choice as the manager to run with it
    -Good co-workers and guests

Cons

-Value Place is basically a low-budget hotel, they are very cheaply built which is why the weekly rates are so low. This does make sense however, the quality assurance reviews are so strict that it can be very difficult to attain high scores. The hotel owners are actually charged fees if you fail, so the manger is held responsible.
    - Three of the employees are allowed to live on-site as part of there compensation. They have no live/work balance and get burned out easy. When one quits they have to move out right away and the manager gets stranded cleaning rooms.
    - To much blame placed on the manager, if a factory or construction site closes and your occupancy drops the manager is held responsible, sometime even losing their job for dropped occupancy.
    -Even though a sex-offender check is done on every guest, I had hookers, drug users, and lowest rift raft in the city living in my hotel. I often feared for for life and the guest would try to not pay and you would have to evict them. The police were always at my property looking for convicts and bank robbers.
    -It was hard to keep guests happy due to the cheapness of the hotel, ie. cheap plaster walls, no sound installation, doors not closing properly, etc.
    -Once you reach property manager, that's it.

I had 2 area mangers and they all were terrible. I actually worked with one for 4 months and never saw her, in the Tenn. area. I never even met met the lady.

Terrible

Former Employee - Property Manager
    Former Employee - Property Manager

I worked at Value Place Franchise Services

Pros

There are very few, it is a job, but not a great one.

Cons

Poor pay, poor treatment of employees, long hours. Management / payroll will refuse to pay earned commissions (bonus) on quarterly basis.

Learn to treat people with a little respect. Actually pay your employees the stated bonus amounts. It would be nice if performance reviews were done with some regularity, but that might give someone a justification for a raise.

There are newer employer reviews for Value Place Franchise Services