Value Village

www.valuevillageatlanta.com
  www.valuevillageatlanta.com
There are newer employer reviews for Value Village

It was good for nearly a year, then the corporate overhaul made things miserable for most employees.

Current Employee - Pricer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Value Village

Pros

If you are able to get hired as a Production team member, your weekly work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 (for the most part). Pretty unheard of in retail.

They do offer paid vacation, sick leave and holidays after 6 months, as well as medical benefits (I was paying nearly $100 a month for them though... so not TOO great of a deal).

Cons

They will try to convince you that you're all a big "family", but when it comes down to it they don't really care about you personally. Unless you kiss managements ass. If you're a good, hard worker that doesn't kiss ass you will just be exploited and expected to work harder - with no real recognition. I had 3 really good reviews within one year of being there, but only made 70 cents in raises, which was a slap in the face because after a year I was still only making about $1.00 more than minimum wage in our state.

Try not to drive off any more of your good, valuable employees. I made SO much money for you guys but it was never enough. You had to push, and push until I snapped and quit. Shame on you.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Value Village (View Most Recent)

Decent job

Former Employee - SALES CLERK
    Former Employee - SALES CLERK

I worked at Value Village part-time for less than a year

Pros

Value Village hires different kinds of people - doesn't matter if you have tattoos, piercings, a weird haircut, etc ... which is good thing, in my opinion. It wasn't as sales-focused as other retail jobs are - you only really give customer service at the cash. You don't have to approach people, which is nice. If you have experience you get a bonus - otherwise minimum wage. The discount was awesome though.

Cons

The customers were mostly good, but some were awful, trying to get things for dirt cheap. They could be rude and even yell at you if they thought things were overpriced. The cash registers were old and outdated, making using promotions and coupons hell. The donation bell ringing every 5 seconds was annoying. Dirt and dust get up in your nose no matter where you are in the store. Bathrooms were gross.

Good Company

I worked at Value Village

Pros

Company growth, entry level careers, decent wages

Cons

Training and follow up was lacking

There are newer employer reviews for Value Village

Worked for Value Village? Contribute to the Community!