Value Village

www.valuevillageatlanta.com
There are newer employer reviews for Value Village

It was good for nearly a year, then the corporate overhaul made things miserable for most employees.

Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Value Village

Pros

If you are able to get hired as a Production team member, your weekly work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 (for the most part). Pretty unheard of in retail.

They do offer paid vacation, sick leave and holidays after 6 months, as well as medical benefits (I was paying nearly $100 a month for them though... so not TOO great of a deal).

Cons

They will try to convince you that you're all a big "family", but when it comes down to it they don't really care about you personally. Unless you kiss managements ass. If you're a good, hard worker that doesn't kiss ass you will just be exploited and expected to work harder - with no real recognition. I had 3 really good reviews within one year of being there, but only made 70 cents in raises, which was a slap in the face because after a year I was still only making about $1.00 more than minimum wage in our state.

Try not to drive off any more of your good, valuable employees. I made SO much money for you guys but it was never enough. You had to push, and push until I snapped and quit. Shame on you.

61 Other Employee Reviews for Value Village (View Most Recent)

Its okay

Current Employee - SALES CLERK
    Current Employee - SALES CLERK

I have been working at Value Village

Pros

Coworkers are great, flexible scheduling, cashes are easy to work with(they just updated them), not much customer service.

Cons

Supervisors dont have very much patience, different rules and expectations depending on which MOD you have that day, its hare to find a manager when you need one (theyll go upstairs sometimes and ignore you). Theyll bring you in on an on-call shift when theres nothing for you to do, rules change by the week, organization of the store is just... no. Not very good training, and youll get in trouble for not knowing something that was never explained to you. Customers always want you to lower the prices.

Good company, ethics another story

Current Employee - CDC Ambassador in Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Current Employee - CDC Ambassador in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I have been working at Value Village full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

People are awesome! Staff are level headed and funny! One of the main reasons why I like it there.

Cons

Management are constantly trying to reinvent the wheel. Why reinvent the wheel, when all you have to do is fine tune it to make it better?

Like my parents told me: you keep playing with it, you're going to break it!

There are newer employer reviews for Value Village