There are newer employer reviews for Value Village

It was good for nearly a year, then the corporate overhaul made things miserable for most employees.

Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Value Village

Pros

If you are able to get hired as a Production team member, your weekly work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 (for the most part). Pretty unheard of in retail. They do offer paid vacation, sick leave and holidays after 6 months, as well as medical benefits (I was paying nearly $100 a month for them though... so not TOO great of a deal).

Cons

They will try to convince you that you're all a big "family", but when it comes down to it they don't really care about you personally. Unless you kiss managements ass. If you're a good, hard worker that doesn't kiss ass you will just be exploited and expected to work harder - with no real recognition. I had 3 really good reviews within one year of being there, but only made 70 cents in raises, which was a slap in the face because after a year I was still only making about $1.00 more than minimum wage in our state.

Advice to Management

Try not to drive off any more of your good, valuable employees. I made SO much money for you guys but it was never enough. You had to push, and push until I snapped and quit. Shame on you.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. General Review as a Sales Clerk

Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Value Village part-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Coworkers and managers make you feel comfortable - Very friendly and family-like atmosphere - Fun events that you can participate in - Flexible work schedules - Opportunities to advance in positions

Cons

- Sale days are EXTREMELY busy - Sometimes difficult customers come along

Advice to Management

Have more meetings and communicate more with workers about upcoming events or sales.

2. General Review as a Sales Clerk

Current Employee - SALES CLERK in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Value Village part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cons

- Sale days are EXTREMELY busy - Sometimes difficult customers come along