There are newer employer reviews for Value Village

It was good for nearly a year, then the corporate overhaul made things miserable for most employees.

Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Pricer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Value Village

Pros

If you are able to get hired as a Production team member, your weekly work hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00 to 4:30 (for the most part). Pretty unheard of in retail.

They do offer paid vacation, sick leave and holidays after 6 months, as well as medical benefits (I was paying nearly $100 a month for them though... so not TOO great of a deal).

Cons

They will try to convince you that you're all a big "family", but when it comes down to it they don't really care about you personally. Unless you kiss managements ass. If you're a good, hard worker that doesn't kiss ass you will just be exploited and expected to work harder - with no real recognition. I had 3 really good reviews within one year of being there, but only made 70 cents in raises, which was a slap in the face because after a year I was still only making about $1.00 more than minimum wage in our state.

Advice to Management

Try not to drive off any more of your good, valuable employees. I made SO much money for you guys but it was never enough. You had to push, and push until I snapped and quit. Shame on you.

reviews filtered by
  1. Constant change - argh!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I worked at Value Village full-time

Pros

Wonderful staff & benefits. If it wasn't for the staff, I wouldn't have lasted as long as I did.

Cons

Management keep changing procedures & layout of store to keep not only staff confused, but customers as well.

Advice to Management

Where the population is ageing, keep store layout the same. If you want to keep staff, treat them with respect. Yes - it is that simple.

2. Very nice people , boring job

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Value Village part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work, nice people, nice management, decent hours

Cons

Dusty, have to watch long boring videos when you start

Advice to Management

Nothing