There are newer employer reviews for ValueOptions

WORST job in the worst company ever!

Current Employee - Claims Processor  in  Latham, NY
Current Employee - Claims Processor in Latham, NY

I have been working at ValueOptions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-workers make the day bearable. Vacation time seems to be in line with what other companies offer for new employees.

Cons

Everything that they tell you in the interview basically turns out to be the opposite and therefore a lie. Benefits are on par with most companies, BUT the pay is below, even with a recent increase to bring compensation in line with the average pay for claims processing jobs in the area. The work load is ridiculously high for the pay received which in turn creates a very stressful work environment. They give you work and expect you to know how to do it having never done it before. They use corrective action for whatever they choose, even if it's not found in any company documentation, which in turn prevents the employee from moving to a different department. They say we are a team, but never "allow" team interaction. As stated in another review, chronically understaffed. The general employee attitude is "cover your butt" and because of that the individual departments actually work against each other which makes it hard to accomplish the greater goals of the company. There is no chance for advancement so people leave...a previous employee said they hadn't received a promotion in 8 years! Expectations for production and quality are unrealistic and therefore do not allow for promotion. Overall low employee moral and negative work environment.

VALUE your employees for without them you can't retain the business you brag about daily. For a company that calls itself ValueOptions, you certainly do not value your employees as evidenced by the high turnover, especially the "1 person fired per month" witnessed here. Stop making your employees feel disposable because that does not inspire them to give you their best and ultimately works against your goals. Focus on the positive and reward in adult ways, not with empty words on a piece of paper which are likened to a star the teacher puts on a student's test in grade school. Also, listen to your employees as they are on the front lines and know what is needed to get the job done timely and correct. Managers fall back on the "this is the way we've always done it" and are reluctant to change. Sometimes change is a good and necessary thing. Have the departments work together cohesively for the greater good of the company. Finally, reinstate the company match to the 401k plan as other companies have done.

71 Other Employee Reviews for ValueOptions (View Most Recent)

The WORST job I have ever had in my life!!!

Former Employee - Senior Intake Specialist  in  Wixom, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Intake Specialist in Wixom, MI

I worked at ValueOptions

Pros

Coworkers are awesome and the benefit package overall was pretty good. The pay is nothing to get excited about but at least if payed the bills.

Cons

Management treats their employess like objects are are not shy about letting you know that if you don't want to do the job, you are very easy to replace with somone who will. The only thing that made it bearable was the attitude of most coworkers and generous time off...until supervisors decided to never give you time off when you requested, even for doctor visits and surgeries. The only service center that was unionized caused numerous headaches, but the only thing that kept most of us from being fired. When it came time to lay people off (again), I gladly raised my hand to volunteer and was never so happy to leave a job in my life. Having a job today is a great thing, but not worth my health. I am in a much better place today and would never go back and work for this company for anything.

This company is beyond help. 7 years of offering ideas on how to improve things fell on deaf ears and I know nothing has changed.

AWFUL! Worst place I've ever worked!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Latham, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

I have been working at ValueOptions

Pros

I met some fantastic people. Some of my co-workers are the nicest people I have met!

Cons

Everything.
    Compensation for the stress/amoutn of work you really need to do, is was to low. You are given what your job responsibility is, but that's not what you do. If you DO get promoted, you will not only do your new job, you will be doing the job you had before, and whatever else they want to throw at you. And they don't care how much work you have to do or if they give you time to do any of it, but you better get it done or you will be on corrective action and on the way to termination in no time! Their favorite thing is corrective action, preventing you from moving to another position or department within the company. Promotions are not based on who is best for the job, they are based on who is friends with whom, and if your current manager "feels like" letting you leave the department. People much less qualified for positions have been promoted over me, and many other people that I know. I know many, many employees that have had to use the EAP benefits because of the way they are treated, it's very bad when employees are driven to therapy and medication but a Mental Health insurance company that promotes caring about our clients.
    I would NEVER suggest working for this company to ANYONE.

Learn to respect your employees! The lower level employees are the "front lines" and the impression the large majority of our customers (providers/consumers/members/clients) get, are from those employees. It's not all about numbers, it's about the EMPLOYEE. Respect that they are working 10 times harder for 10 times less pay. You all treat the employees like they don't matter, and when the new CEO comes around, make up stories of all the wonderful things you do for the employees and your "team." Stop hiding in your offices with the doors shut, and turning a blind eye to what is really going on.

There are newer employer reviews for ValueOptions

Worked for ValueOptions? Contribute to the Community!