There are newer employer reviews for ValueOptions

I'm a CCM who loves their job

Current Employee - Clinical Care Manager in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Clinical Care Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ValueOptions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

support from co-workers and supervisors; ability to work from home; ability to speak to a variety of people with a variety of needs; I feel a great sense of satisfaction at each call as I know I have made a difference in their life.

Cons

it's a call center so we often have "back to back calls." but I was told that upfront in the interview and I enjoy the variety of calls.

Advice to Management

I sense that management is aware that our jobs can be difficult as we often talk to members who are very upset,sad,angry,etc and take out their emotions of us. We are given constant feedback regarding that they realize how hard we work and that they appreciate what we do for our members. We are constantly given kudos for our hard work and our excellent customer service we provide to our members and to our co-workers. I find managment to be very supportive of all of us.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

very bad company to work for

Former Employee - MOS Consultant in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - MOS Consultant in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at ValueOptions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has good benefits-- but no real good morale in the work environment. If you try to be an individual or give any suggestions on a better way to do things in the workplace, it falls on deaf ears. I can think of much better things to do with my masters degree and an LPC, than wasting it here.

Cons

Most people that work here act as if they are in the clouds somewhere. The training is horrible and there is no room for growth potential or individuality. Having the Military OneSource contract, this company has no clue about military issues. Most workers are very depressed and it feels like you are working in a glass bubble.

Advice to Management

The CEO and senior management has no clue about how to keep up morale in the company. They act like they are above everyone else and treat employees like peons. Learn to appreciate hardwork from employess.

Worst Project Management

Current Contractor - Senior J2EE Developer - Contractor in Reston, VA
    Current Contractor - Senior J2EE Developer - Contractor in Reston, VA

I have been working at ValueOptions as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

you may never find another job which is so unstable, in that way its a good experience.
    Office location is close to many IT consulting companies so finding another job is not a big deal.
    Company culture may fit for someone who have other source of income and doesn't care about career.

Cons

There is a big list,

- You will work with manager who doesn't have basic knowledge of IT project management and change plans every week.

- Most managers are novice, my manager lied me about contract length in order to convince me to join the project.

- Believe me, there is no contract more than 3 months in Valueoptions Reston office. My recruiter lied about contract length other wise no one will join this company for 2 weeks to 3 months project.

- Project management is worst, project managers don't analyze or estimate the project cost before recruiting contractors. It is contractor's job to analyze and estimate the project hours after joining the company, if in case project is not feasible or estimated hours is less than previous estimate, remaining contractors will get fired immediately. Testers are hired only in last week of development phase, most developers will get fired after development phase. Testers will be fired if project is stable and defect free than the previous estimate.
    Seems this is happening for so many years.

- Current managers made IT profession to a low level so contract length is in days. No one will take a job of this duration but they somehow want to hire new people.

- Reston IT division abused contract-termination agreement like anything.

- I have seen contractors getting fired every week for no reason on their side. Company's IT budget is so little, it cannot allow contractors to work in full life cycle of project.

I came to know all of this only after joining the company, so at least you be careful before accepting the offer.

Advice to Management

Implement latest IT practices.