There are newer employer reviews for ValueOptions

The absolute worst place I have ever worked. If you can help it, run the other way!

Former Employee - Senior Director  in  Wixom, MI
Former Employee - Senior Director in Wixom, MI

I worked at ValueOptions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- As a Senior Director - I worked remotely (usually from home except when traveling to client engagements)

- A lot of under-utilized smart professionals

Cons

- Company is loosing more and more significant business (revenue) each year; a lot of cuts - yet, the company isn't doing anything proactive to ensure its operations are lean and efficient - across the board!

- Very family oriented with long-time employees; however, if you are new, the long-timers are nasty and will not respect you or the experience you bring (which is usually greater than what they have)

- individual affiliation and how well you are liked determines who gets promoted to Leadership positions

- Sr. Leadership of most operational areas are not supportive or professionally respectful of staff on their own teams, nonetheless, other teams

- The Company is run very much like a mom and pop shop

- Customer Service and Clinical Operations SVPs are very nasty and cut throat (beware)

- COO supports building non-cohesive, decisive and un-productive teams - division between leadership and subordinates is the norm.

- Staff at all levels are just a number - best demonstrated by the untimely termination of mission critical operations staff and SVP staff

- COO does not have a clue about the operation and he requires unnecessary meetings with functional area leaders to "get up to speed" but he presents as if everyone else needs to be brought up to speed

- Leadership is not aware of The Golden Rule as they certainly don't treat others as they would like to be treated

- Take a step back and learn the importance of valuing staff and the subject matter expertise they provide

- Karma is real

71 Other Employee Reviews for ValueOptions (View Most Recent)

Acceptable work environment. Could be better!

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst  in  Latham, NY
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Latham, NY

I have been working at ValueOptions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible schedule and good benefits. Vacation time is pretty generous. Broad project types to expand skill set. People for the most part are supportive and knowledgeable. Oh and I do like the casual dress code!

Cons

Many conference calls, leaving little time to actually be able to tackle projects and produce and surpass the targeted goals. I would like to see the company bring back 401K match.

I am proud of the work we do.

I have been working at ValueOptions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really cares about the client and meeting their needs.

Cons

Continued employment is based on maintaining and winning new contracts.

Really dedicated employees. Look at the internal talent pool and promote more from within.

There are newer employer reviews for ValueOptions

Worked for ValueOptions? Contribute to the Community!