Vanderbilt University
www.vanderbilt.edu Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Great Organization

Research (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vanderbilt University full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe benefits are pretty good overall. There are some great people doing great things there and it is exciting to be on the cutting edge of science and healthcare. Nashville is a great place to live and Vanderbilt's campus is beautiful.

ConsWith any large company everything takes a long time to happen. Most of the decisions are made from the people who don't really understand what they are deciding on. Little control for the lower management.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to the employees to retain great people.

Teaching Assistant

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vanderbilt University part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Vanderbilt University is a very good place to work. We have… Cons: I have no idea about cons Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to do graduate research in any biomedical field

Graduate Student (Former Employee)

I worked at Vanderbilt University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Cutting-edge research, PhD students receive highly-competitive stipends, free health insurance,… Cons: Academic researchers aren't fully focused on training and preparing you for your… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to provide career development source through routes other than advisers. Even my adviser who I consider to be top-notch could've done better to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vanderbilt University.

Worked for Vanderbilt University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vanderbilt University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vanderbilt University CEO Nicholas Zeppos . All reviews posted anonymously by Vanderbilt University employees.