Vanderbilt University
www.vanderbilt.edu Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Good environment for research.

Assistant Professor (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

ProsGreat university and has done a lot within the medical school to support research. Teaching load was reasonable. Great tuition program for children. Very diverse population.

ConsPhysicians call all shots. Difficult for a non-MD to effect change within medical school. Like most universities bureaucracy and politics were a constant challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to support collaboration and break-down bureaucratic tendencies.

Great place to work

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vanderbilt University full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great co-workers. The work is meaningful Cons: Good pay, but wish salaries were a little more Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not the place to be in I.T.

Information Technology (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vanderbilt University full-time

Pros: The benefits are still better than most places. The major… Cons: Management by fear and intimidation. The benefits keep getting… Advice to Senior Management: Management's lack of respect for their employees hurts productivity and keeps morale low. Change… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Vanderbilt University.

Worked for Vanderbilt University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vanderbilt University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vanderbilt University CEO Nicholas Zeppos . All reviews posted anonymously by Vanderbilt University employees.