Vanguard is a fair and highly ethical company to work for

Current Employee - Manager
Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Vanguard Investments Australia

Pros

Vanguard has a unique culture of loyalty to clients and employees. It is a very conservative company and well run. Vanguard is known for low expenses to help their clients keep more of their investment returns. I can attest to that philosophy - We truly watch every penny. In fact, you will never see an employee of our firm riding first class on an airplane. It is always coach for us. By being conservative, I don't think we ever laid off any of our employees. Despite the turmoil on Wall Street, we were not really impacted except for some belt-tightening.

Cons

Vanguard offers stable employment, but you will definately not get rich working there. No huge bonuses and our salaries are somewhat below industry average. While the benefits are still reasonable, they are not as good as they used to be.

Stay true to the loyalty of your clients and employees.

Other Reviews for Vanguard Investments Australia

Vanguard

I have been working at Vanguard Investments Australia

Pros

Opportunity to move around company. Decent benefits. Onsite conveniences. Company has never laid off. Keeps investors in mind all the time.

Cons

Compensation program changed this year so that next year we'll potentially earn less. Long time employees not recognized the same for years of service. College new hires arriving at a very high salary compared to long times. Boys club.

Assess employees on all skills, not just technical. Rudeness abounds in employee to employee contact - yet these crew are recognized as more effective although they lack half the skills as others. The ability of higher ups to communicate and treat crew fairly is a huge opportunity area. Your employees are not leaving to pursue school. They're leaving for other jobs.

A satisfactory place to work

I have been working at Vanguard Investments Australia

Pros

Great work-life balance, employees treated with respect, outstanding benefit packages available to employees. Overall, a great place to work if you want to live a decent life and have a family.

Cons

The money that could be made at a financial firm in NY is just not the same. This is a company for people that are satisfied with a slightly above-average lifestyle, nothing more than that.

Overall, keep doing what they are doing as managers. Management here cares very much about the people that they have in their departments, and are always willing to help accommodate an employee's needs.

There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard Investments Australia.

Worked for Vanguard Investments Australia? Contribute to the Community!