Vanguard Investments Australia

Unclaimed Profile

Vanguard

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

Vanguard offers great benefits. These include 401k, profit-sharing plan, medical benefits & generous time off. They also offer decent training for people who have no industry experience.

Cons

I compare Vanguard to working for the government. Given the huge number of workforce, advancement is slow and beareucratic. The pay is mediocre to start, rises to mediocre mid-career, and tops out mediocrely.

Advice to Management

They should seek to allow individuals to advance more quickly based on personal performance and not place long time-in-job requirements across the board.

Other Employee Reviews for Vanguard Investments Australia

The Cult Strikes Back

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

Good benefits, otherwise this is not a place to make a career unless you are tip-top management. The best people go elsewhere

Cons

lousy compensation, a..-kissing helps promotions, no room for creativity, this is not a company for those who want to advance based on skill

Advice to Management

Take away the Kool-Aid and get out of your offices to talk to the people on the front lines

2. Not for Everyone, but Great for Me

Pros

Fair treatment of employees, reasonable policies, strong commitment to ethics, commitment to development and training, keeping costs low helps save jobs during times of economic disturbance, commitment to diversity, decent benefits, very friendly people (almost too nice!), free graduate degrees, team-oriented environment, complaints are taken seriously, strong customer focus, doing the right thing is always rewarded, I am always proud to say I work at Vanguard

Cons

The pay isn't spectacular. If money is your primary motivator, it might not be the place for you. Vanguard is a "pay for performance" company, so there are good raises and bonuses to be had, but you'll have to work your tail off for them. If you're OK with a decent salary, challenging work, opportunities for unlimited lateral transfers, a free MBA/CFP/CFA, and a comfortable, friendly work environment, and you're willing to trade that for the fast-track to promotions and six figures, it's a great place. The "nice" culture does let lower performers slide for a while, and that gets annoying. There is a lot of bureaucracy and levels of approval for seemingly trivial things. Dress code is outdated.

Advice to Management

Overall, management is doing a great job. Trust your employees and managers more. We know what we're doing, and we work here because we're ethical. If we were greedy crooks, we'd work somewhere else that paid more.