There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard

Great place for some

Former Employee - Flagship Representative (Communication Associate)  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Flagship Representative (Communication Associate) in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Vanguard full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

You accrue time off quickly and can buy an extra week of vacation. Former "sick" days are now just personal vacation time so I had 6 weeks of vacation (plus holidays) by the time I left. The company not only matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions up to 4% but also puts in 10% of your salary quarterly into retirement. The people are generally nice.

Cons

There are very few options for advancement outside of Malvern. Unless you want to go the management track or financial planner route, you will most likely be in customer service if you're at the AZ or NC sites as HR and other groups are extremely limited.

683 Other Employee Reviews for Vanguard (View Most Recent)

Great company, wouldn't work anywhere else

Current Employee - Flagship Assigned Representative  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Flagship Assigned Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Vanguard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Transparent management, easy access to things you need, great benefits. Employee morale is great (at least in retail services, not as much in participant services/401ks)

Cons

Not a lot of tele-commuting opportunities. Changes are a little slow to move, but there aren't a lot of changes I would ask for.

Make sure that the workload in Flagship department is appropriate. It's hard to expect full service, while having 600 households with 2,000 to 3,000 clients. We're lucky that we have self directed clients, otherwise it would be impossible to have proactive contact ever. May be easier to reduce the book to 300 clients per book.

Client Relationship Associate

Current Employee - Client Relations Associate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Client Relations Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Vanguard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of paid time off. Bonus twice a year. Average Pay but the benefits really help the salary.

Cons

The first year it's hard to get your requested paid time off for popular days off.

There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!