Client Relationship Administrator - Business Development Group

Current Employee - Client Relationship Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Client Relationship Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Vanguard's benefits are incredibly competitive, and they are available from day one on the job. The people who I work with are so friendly and helpful, which makes the experience positive.

Cons

Career progression within Vanguard is rather difficult. I've applied for multiple positions within the company, but have found it difficult to even make a lateral move to a different department.

The salaries are alright, but they are not exactly competitive with other comparable jobs that I've seen in the industry.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I do realize that Vanguard is a large corporation, but at least some input should be gathered from associates when making major strutural changes that affect the way we do our jobs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Eh Not crazy about it

Current Employee - Brokerage Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Brokerage Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits start on day one. They give you a lot in you retirement accounts and they have a lot of business and prestige.

Cons

They are turning more call center based. They are forcing associates to be customer services reps because they have done away with brokerage as a position and encompassed in with customer service.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be competitive by making things like the competitors and continue to set yourself apart and you will be successful. Clients are used to getting transfered to make trades the changes are adversely affecting your crew members and as a result the service that your shareholders are recieving.

Great company

Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair treatment of crew. Endeavors in progress and underway to improve crew engagement and diversity in the workplace.

Cons

Limited opportunities for career advancements at Senior manager and above level.

Advice to Management

Continue to show value for crew opinions at all levels within the organization.