There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard

Client Relationship Administrator - Business Development Group

Current Employee - Client Relationship Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Client Relationship Administrator in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Vanguard's benefits are incredibly competitive, and they are available from day one on the job. The people who I work with are so friendly and helpful, which makes the experience positive.

Cons

Career progression within Vanguard is rather difficult. I've applied for multiple positions within the company, but have found it difficult to even make a lateral move to a different department.

The salaries are alright, but they are not exactly competitive with other comparable jobs that I've seen in the industry.

Listen to your employees. I do realize that Vanguard is a large corporation, but at least some input should be gathered from associates when making major strutural changes that affect the way we do our jobs.

reviews filtered by

Brokerage Team Lead

Current Employee - Team Lead in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great place to grow your career and get experience in a low risk environement. Tons of mobility into virtually any area of the company. Great benefits, Awesome people and fun environment.

Cons

Slow moving decision making sometimes, pay could be better, and some positions tend to go to "fast tracked" crew with little consideration to other qualified candidates.

Remove the red tape, Consider modifying how accelerated development program candidates are evaluated to ensure that true HIPO crew get the promotion and those who do not perform as well are not moved on too soon.

Eh Not crazy about it

Current Employee - Brokerage Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Brokerage Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits start on day one. They give you a lot in you retirement accounts and they have a lot of business and prestige.

Cons

They are turning more call center based. They are forcing associates to be customer services reps because they have done away with brokerage as a position and encompassed in with customer service.

Stop trying to be competitive by making things like the competitors and continue to set yourself apart and you will be successful. Clients are used to getting transfered to make trades the changes are adversely affecting your crew members and as a result the service that your shareholders are recieving.

There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard