There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard

Friendly work environment, Low Pay.

Current Employee - Processing Associate in Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Processing Associate in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work-life balance. Can pick your hours.

Cons

Low base pay for the crew.

Other Employee Reviews for Vanguard

Vanguard offers great people, honorable culture and transparent management. They have an unmatched product line.

Current Employee - Team Leader in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The very highest of ethical standards and concern for our clients. Unfortunately, not as much concern for the crew (until very recently that is - and even that is being treated like a project rather than a cultural adjustment.

Cons

Compensation, compensation, compensation. The company is very proud of being "average" in this area and that is acceptable. Benies are good and crew believe in the company so there is not as much attrition as there could be but this is a real issue that should be addressed across the board. Average is not good enough for such a great company.

Advice to Management

Raise compensation.

A great place to launch a career

Current Employee - Supervisor in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I loved this company from day one and 7 years later, I still love working here. I started off at an entry level phone job and now lead a team of associates in a call center. I enjoy the company's 4% 401k match and 10% discretionary contribution, benefits, bonuses, partnership and the diverse environment. I go to work happy, respected, & feeling like I have a chance to make an impact.

Cons

In a culture where extroversion is celebrated, introverts who are equally capable may be overlooked for promotions simply because they didn't make the right connections. Do I wish I was paid more? Yes, most Americans do. My base salary is probably on the lower end of industry averages but I try to keep in mind the many other benefits I get.

Advice to Management

Look really hard and consider the impact that lower base salaries is having on crew engagement, especially on entry level, non bonus-eligible associates. There is also a ton of talk about diversity but diversity of personalities is rarely included or addressed.