There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard

Vanguard has good benefits with average pay.

Current Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, 401K, vision dental, life insurance policy, licenses are paid for, professional training.

Cons

Vanguard runs at cost. This is great for the client, but your pay and growth within the company especially in North Carolina and Arizona will cap out @ around $50K.

Advice to Management

30 and 45 minute lunches outside of tax season should always be optional. Running a business at cost and efficiently was the dream of Jack Bogle; running a business understaffed and having clients wait 15-20 minutes before they reach an associate was not.

Other Employee Reviews for Vanguard

1. I miss Vanguard, loved my job, but lived too far to continue commute

Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Fund Accountant in Malvern, PA

I worked at Vanguard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work/Life balance, on-site dining, gym w/ showers, family events throughout the year; great training programs; take in to consideration opinions of lower-level employee; ample team meetings; great intranet; too many more, I could go on forever!

Cons

I wish they had branch offices sprinkled throughout the region (like a Schwab or Fidelity or Edward Jones)

Advice to Management

I love my management team, even Jack Bogel would sit with people at lunch LOL

The employees make the life bearable....

I have been working at Vanguard full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- Pretty good benefits - Allowed to look for opportunities - Bursts of company growth

Cons

- Decisions that negatively impact employees are communicated as "this is best for you" - Slowing chipping away at what once made Vanguard unique - Avoids changing with the times

Advice to Management

Give your employees more credit and understand they know they are often getting "screwed" with changes to company policy. Also do not think you are at the forefront of many of your fringe benefits when other companies have been offering them for years!