Vanguard

www.vanguard.com

A good resume builder

CRA (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsIn the entry level positions there is a decent work life balance. If you work in a profit center and you hit your numbers you have a lot of freedom to do your job as you see fit. They are well known in the industry and their mutual fund focus makes them efficient in what they do.

ConsIf you move to an exempt position you may actually work more hours for less money than you earned in a non-exempt role when you received overtime. The retail side of the business makes money and the institutional side tends to lose money, so if given a choice you may want to stick with the retail side of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt has already been said in prior postings, but management could do a better job of listening to employees. Changes are made in the name of employee feedback, but many wonder if they are opinion shopping for suggestions that only back what they plan to do anyway.

corporate

I have been working at Vanguard

Pros: good pay, secure, friendly people Cons: boring, very formal, no creativity More

Don't drink the kool aid!

Problem Resolution Associate (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Vanguard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: The redeeming qualities of Vanguard continue to disappear. The only thing I cling to these days is that I can get 5 weeks off… Cons: Vanguard is not the lead ship, but a siren leading your personal ship to the rocks. I implore you not to let this happen… Advice to Senior Management: Understand that we are actually people. We have terrible service levels due to factors beyond the control of the department. Having one 30… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Vanguard.

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!