There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard

Great Place to work, with tons of opportunities

Current Employee - Fund Financial Associate  in  Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Fund Financial Associate in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Vanguard

Pros

- No More Business Professional Dress Code!!
- Opportunities for advancement (Depending on where you start)
- Team Oriented
- Excellent Work/Life Balance

Cons

- Starting with the phones makes it difficult to move forward (or want to stay on)
- Seasonal peaks of high volume

- A con used to be the dress code until yesteday!!

Continue listening to your employees!

684 Other Employee Reviews for Vanguard (View Most Recent)

Good company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Vanguard

Pros

The company is owned by its clients, which is a great business model and makes it unique from other investment companies. It allows the company to keep costs down. Everybody is focused on doing what is right for the client. That reduces internal competition between organizations and reduces conflicts of interest between profitability and the client's best interests.

Cons

Vanguard's strength also becomes its opportunity. The unique structure also makes it somewhat insulated with a "we're better mindset." In many respects, Vanguard is better. But to have a good career, you need to fit in. The leadership is patriarchal. Leadership seems open to ideas but not much debate or feedback.

You have a good thing going. Keep doing what is right for the investors. A lot of good employees are doing great at Vanguard, some other good ones are tuning out, while some others are coasting under the radar.

Recognized, Reputable, and Respected Company

Current Employee - Marketing - Project Administrator  in  Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing - Project Administrator in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Vanguard

Pros

Vanguard is the number one in the mutual fund industry and their dedication to their clients is unparalleled. Honestly, I am impressed with the commitment to stand by clients. I'm proud to say that I'm a crew member of Vanguard.

Cons

Slow moving; political; can be perceived as outdated; 'niceness' is overplayed; lack of offices throughout the U.S.; base salary is lower than some competitors (overall compensation is competitive)

Recognize talent within the company. I've been pretty lucky in my career with Vanguard but I see unrecognized talent every day.

There are newer employer reviews for Vanguard

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!