Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks

www.vanity.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks

Great place to start a career

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks

Pros

Great discount
Great product
Flexible schedule
Get to meet new people everyday
Fun atmosphere
Expanding company, so there are opportunities

Cons

Lack of training
Don't get enough positive recognition from upper management
Corporate needs to figure out what is most important to them, so the field can focus on it.
Goals change everyday and most times aren't achievable.

Focus more on the people who are assets to your company. Train them and give them the recognition they deserve.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks (View Most Recent)

A very challenging and fun experience!

I have been working at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks

Pros

The best reason to work at Vanity is the jeans! They are fashionable and have a great quality but aren't as expenisive as other name brand jeans!

Cons

Training isn't great and I feel they should market more in the areas where Vanity isn't known.

A great experience given you have a good management team.

Current Employee - Team Lead
    Current Employee - Team Lead

I have been working at Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks

Pros

If you like fashion, helping others, hard work, and competition all in one , here it is.

Cons

I enjoyed working there very much, but it all boils down to your Vanity team. The only things I ever complained about where the following:

Pay... I was told during the interview process that after a 90-day probationary period I would receive a raise. I was then also told reviews and raises would be given every 3 months. I worked there for 2 1/2 years, and only received one raise. Might I add, I only received the raise AFTER I had brought up the issue with Store Management... oh yes, and it was after a year of working there that I received it. I went from 6.25 to 6.50.

Management in some cases, depending on who's a part of it. I worked there for 2 1/2 years. Worked my way up to Team Lead within the first year. The management I had for the first 2 years was great. We managed to keep the store productivity above average. After the 2 years, the entire management team accepted jobs elsewhere, in which case new management was hired. Second management team was clueless as to how to run the entire store. I was Team Lead, had an Assistant Manager and Store Manager above me whom I knew more about the store and how to run it than they did! Management was so bad I quit after a few months. So it all depends on who's all a part of your Vanity team.

Know what you're doing. Don't forget every part of what entitles you to be a part of the management team. If you have strong management and leadership skills, chances are your team will be likewise.

There are newer employer reviews for Vanity Shop Of Grand Forks