We do it cause we love it

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor  in  Montclair, CA
Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Montclair, CA

I have been working at Vans part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, people are awesome!! Many times the pay isn't that great but we stay with the company because we have a connection to it. As a member of management there are always other opportunities available, however its hard to imagine leaving this company.

Cons

You WILL work harder than many other company retail employees do. So get over it and start working hard

Have corporate redesign the payroll methods. We lose many strong members of MGMT. because the company doesnt pay enough

Other Reviews for Vans

Amazing environment, bad hours.

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA

I worked at Vans part-time for less than a year

Pros

50% regular discount.
    30% off sale items.
    20% off skate equipment.
    They are #1 on having a chill environment and almost everyone you will work with will be super nice and friendly because that's their demographic for hiring. The managers are extremely flexible with the times you tell them you cant work or getting certain dates off.

Cons

They have "on-calls" on your schedule and recently added a new type of on-call. One on call is when it is in your schedule but you have to call within 2 hours to check if you will go in. The other type of on-call is when they call you within 30 minutes to tell you to go in or not.
    Don't get this job if you do not have a reliable source of transportation or if you have too much school work. Get it in the summer.

Eh, I was expecting so much more

Former Employee - Temp Sales Associate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Former Employee - Temp Sales Associate in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Vans part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great shoes
    Good discount
    Love the story and philosophy of Vans

Cons

Terrible co-workers.
    They couldn't care less about anything. Everyone was fake and it was an uncomfortable place to work.
    They NEVER gave me my 15 minute breaks. I would work like a dog and they would never say anything.

Train your managers to care more about the safety and well being of their employees.
    I have never felt so disconnected from a team before.

There are newer employer reviews for Vans.

Worked for Vans? Contribute to the Community!