There are newer employer reviews for Vans

We do it cause we love it

Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Montclair, CA
Current Employee - Floor Supervisor in Montclair, CA

I have been working at Vans part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, people are awesome!! Many times the pay isn't that great but we stay with the company because we have a connection to it. As a member of management there are always other opportunities available, however its hard to imagine leaving this company.

Cons

You WILL work harder than many other company retail employees do. So get over it and start working hard

Advice to Management

Have corporate redesign the payroll methods. We lose many strong members of MGMT. because the company doesnt pay enough

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Amazing environment, bad hours.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Northridge, CA

I worked at Vans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

50% regular discount. 30% off sale items. 20% off skate equipment. They are #1 on having a chill environment and almost everyone you will work with will be super nice and friendly because that's their demographic for hiring. The managers are extremely flexible with the times you tell them you cant work or getting certain dates off.

Cons

They have "on-calls" on your schedule and recently added a new type of on-call. One on call is when it is in your schedule but you have to call within 2 hours to check if you will go in. The other type of on-call is when they call you within 30 minutes to tell you to go in or not. Don't get this job if you do not have a reliable source of transportation or if you have too much school work. Get it in the summer.

2. waste of time, just do it for the discount.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Centro, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in El Centro, CA

I worked at Vans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice Discount Cool fellow associates Good Idea on how they want the company to actually run.

Cons

No hours No Communication between associates and Managers. No security that you are actually employed there how you thought you where. Rude managers. I was hired in March the last day I actually got a work day was in May and now in late September I'm told my temp positions is up... not cool why didn't they just let me go earlier and not waste my time? I was faithful to the company.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers at your stores, set up a secret shopper or something.