Vans
www.vans.com Cypress, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Prideful Company

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Vans full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVans is all about heritage.. you learn so much about how the company started and what it's gone through to become what it is today. It's a great place to learn all the fundamentals of any retail job (customer service, accountability, leadership, etc.)

ConsIf you're not interested in becoming a manager, or moving up at all in the company, you are almost shunned from the beginning. Otherwise, there are set programs that help you move to the next level. But like most people, if this job is just to pay the bills, don't mention your disinterest in moving up or they won't take you seriously.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a former manager myself, continue to make the workplace fun!

Have Fun

General Manager (Former Employee)
Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Vans full-time for more than a year

Pros: I love the culture, thanks for the free trip to California, and the week long stay… Cons: Can I get a raise? I mean what does a week in a 5 star resort cost? My manager was spread very thin, the common… Advice to Senior Management: play fair, treat every one equally, don't pick favorites. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Place to Work!

Development (Former Employee)
Cypress, CA

I worked at Vans full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very open evironment. Able to talk to every level… Cons: Advancement oppurtunities could be a bit more clear. Advice to Senior Management: Talk with emplyees more in regards to advancement. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Vans.

Worked for Vans? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vans reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vans CEO Kevin Bailey. All reviews posted anonymously by Vans employees.