Vantage Deluxe World Travel

www.vantagetravel.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Vantage Deluxe World Travel

Good, steady job, plenty of opportunities to progress and advance.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Customer Service in Boston, MA

I have been working at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to advance and progress throughout the company, the coworkers are great, it is a nice steady job with good benefits and a good starting rate.

Cons

One of the cons of working here was the commute it; sometimes it took a little bit longer than expected to get into work because of traffic, unexpected accidents, and construction.

Keep up the incentive program to help increase productivity; raises and bonuses really help drive and push every single one of us to perform at high levels.

96 Other Employee Reviews for Vantage Deluxe World Travel (View Most Recent)

Did I say that right?

Former Employee - Garderobe Cleaner
    Former Employee - Garderobe Cleaner

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel (less than a year)

Pros

Working at Vantage is a powerful, life-changing religious experience. Just look into any random office or cubicle and you will find someone born again, their head in their hands in prayer, chanting "Oh my god, oh god, why god?" Clearly, a place that inspires that kind of faith, even in those that have only worked there for a few days, must be divinely influenced.

Cons

As I have read through many of the reviews here, and had a tremendous laugh in the process, I will list my cons simply by examining the common phrases one hears in the office and all the logical dead-ends that exist in them.

"You'll learn a lot here" - Very true, but what you learn is fundamentally flawed and so warped as to be utterly useless in a normal working environment. To give you an idea of the "learning", imagine teaching someone subtraction solely by teaching them how not to do addition. Surely other companies use some variation of the rancid maniacal scratching employed at Vantage, but they certainly don't incorporate the fevered urgency nor the creative language used to describe a new hires lack of understanding. At least all of this is done without the help of a training department.

"[Blank] is for closers" - Take whatever meager, trifling reward a person may find enticing (money, sports tickets, positive encouragement, the ability to walk unaided, etc.) and make sure that only those few who are successful at making money, or "closing", receive such things. Remember, feeling good about yourself is a privilege, not a right.

"I don't know about this (wiggling of fingers)" - A common way of describing a fundamental lack of understanding of basic IT functions, protocols, or mechanisms. When faced with a modern business challenge, there must be a clear, cheap, and easy way to use computers to solve any problem. Surely building a database management structure from scratch or coordinating multiple phone systems using fewer parts than MacGyver was awarded is a snap , and better yet, can be accomplished in mere hours with no additional funding. At least there is hope in the form of ancient, almost mystical, operating systems that seem to have been carved from Stonehenge itself and are almost as successful at performing computations as the aged monument to the stars.

"You don't know your numbers" - While the modern based-10 system pioneered by the Arab world centuries ago seems fairly intuitive, at Vantage you don't know about numbers. All your years of study have been worthless, as the CEO will continuously remind you by inquiring if you can get your money back on your degree. 1's, 5's, and 7's are mysterious and frightening entities with magical properties that change as soon as they are conjured into existence. Much like Schrodinger's cat, as soon as you know your numbers, theyre already dead.

"Did I say that right" - No, you didn't and I'm willing to bet you never will.

Hello Management, and welcome to Vantage. I know this is your first day and all so let's jump right in an hit the ground running at your exciting new... well it was a pleasure working with you. Can I use you as a reference?

Great benefits

Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere, normal hours, location

Cons

Has its busy seasons and not sure about growth opps

More progress reports