It's a trap!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time for less than a year

Pros

* The same ones you will see on each review, location, free fruit, sports tickets...
* The ability to bond with co-workers in a way that simulates a war time setting (albeit for a short time due to turnover)
* Excellent career advancement potential if you are adept at writing phony reviews on glassdoor.

Cons

Imagine for a minute, Gary Busey on a peak cycle of steroids and acid....Now give him full power with no accountability and a trendy pair of nut hugging shorts.....Now make him micro manage every aspect of your job while changing his directives daily and blaming you for following yesterday's orders... Now provide a backdrop of an outdated system that can't ever be upgraded due to the high turnover in IT and every other department...Now be held 'accountable' for the constantly changing numbers that are churned from this aforementioned system....Now watch in awe as every single person you work with gets fired....Is today your day?........Welcome to Vantage...... Am I clear?....Did I say it right?

Head for zee hills!!!

Other Reviews for Vantage Deluxe World Travel

Welcome to the Twilight Zone

I worked at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ummm... I don't want to sound disgruntled, so need to come up with something. The bathrooms are generally clean and the building is right next to North Station.

Cons

Basically everything. Workload is ridiculous. You often have to work weekends - or that's used a as a threat. I've come to the conclusion that the owner is actually evil. He'll make up problems and things to yell at people about if things are going well. We had to go in for a training on a weekend on systems we already knew. It was just punishment for his amusement.

Learn the competition. It's a known fact inside the company that the owner main strategy is just to follow what the competition is doing.

If you really, really, really need a job... but even then not sure I could recommend this place.

I have been working at Vantage Deluxe World Travel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good people work their tails off here and its nice to work at their side. You could win a really cool trip at the holiday party if you're lucky. But that's about the only reward for working yourself to death and getting belittled by the owner.

Cons

Rumor has it that the company hired an outside consulting firm to write positive reviews on Glassdoor. That may sound outrageous, but not so much if you work here and know the company and what the especially owner is about. Besides, if you look at the string of positive reviews written sandwiched by mostly negative ones it makes sense. I believe it.

Would some brave soul please stand up to the owner?

There are newer employer reviews for Vantage Deluxe World Travel.

Worked for Vantage Deluxe World Travel? Contribute to the Community!