Varian Medical Systems

www.varian.com

Nice work place,sometime ad-hoc

Pros

Nice work enviornment.
Not too much of process

Cons

No visiblity of the work done.

Other reviews for Varian Medical Systems

Stable company

Pros

Stable, no up and down,
    many opportunities for career grow.
    Building the new cafeteria now

Cons

Difficult to change the way thing are done

Great product but stuck in the 1960's in company culture

Current Employee - Engineering
    Current Employee - Engineering

Pros

We fight cancer. SW is getting interesting and a great alternative to coding on products such as games in other local companies. New cafeteria coming in a year. Very very nice people!

Cons

Now that Sales dept took their entire families to a high end resort in Maui for a week as an "incentive", Engineering has to suffer by being required to take vacation to save on costs. Where is our "incentive" for giving them the great products to sell? Oh ya, 3% profit sharing like what every employee gets is our incentive. Did the execs not think this news would make it back somehow to other groups? My boss told me that Finance held a big offsite in a villa in Italy last year. How nice. They will not buy Varian shirts for us to wear with pride but it's ok for things like that. We are also very understaffed not only in my area but in many many other groups. Also, FORGET about flexibility in work time. If management can't physically see you in your cube, the culture is that you must not be working and they shame you.

Time to let go of execs who have no experience in other companies and are suffocating groups in not allowing them to grow as the company and customer demand grows. Mgmt needs to loosen up and create an environment where the 20 something year olds like me can work. Read some books on Gen Y and tell the baby boomers around to suck it up when the younger employees get just as much work done but just not while at their desk. You know, working from home isn't new right??

There are newer employer reviews for Varian Medical Systems.

Worked for Varian Medical Systems? Contribute to the Community!