There are newer employer reviews for Varian

good company to work and develop your career

I have been working at Varian

Pros

good company to work and develop your career. Good people to work with also . I would say this is one of the best companies to work for ....I had great time/ learnt a lot . They put you in great projects to manage.

Cons

Sometimes it becomes hard to break through some career movement, because mgmt takes more time than needed to make decsiions

10 Other Employee Reviews for Varian (View Most Recent)

old fashion and it's about the numbers

Former Employee - Internal Services in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Internal Services in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Varian

Pros

nice people (some), some people are willing to teach and learn; location - Palo Alto; global company; free coffee and milk; cafe is eatable; smaller company so easier to come to decisions.

Cons

company did not care about employees, responded to shareholders only; layoff to the point where only one person is left to any area; no changes a lot of manual processes; no budget for anything except for executive pays; keep everything as-is; not challenges.

all gone now.

Meh...

Current Employee - Job in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Job in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Varian

Pros

The freedom you have with your job. Compensation is good. Good products to work on. A lot of opportunity for travel. Local management is very supportive and understanding - they stand behind you and your decisions when needed. Coworkers are very knowledgeable and helpful. Very understanding when things come up in personal life. Very good bonus compensation program. Other co workers make themselves very available when they are needed.

Cons

Benefits (health, dental, retirement, etc) are among the worst I've seen. Tended to have a knee jerk reaction to the economic downturn - more layoffs than probably needed. Upper management is blind.

More feedback would be appreciated.

There are newer employer reviews for Varian