There are newer employer reviews for Variety Wholesalers

Life at Variety Wholesalers Maxway, Roses, Super 10

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - General Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Variety Wholesalers full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great deal pricing on products!

Cons

Uncaring company culture. Company does not work to entice the life of the employee. Very few benefits, job acknowledgment , achievement, or rewards for great work. Company has very high turnover in many stores.

Company should work to put work achievement, rewards and initiatives in place. The company should find away to lessen employee turnover by actually sharing more with employees through rewards, incentives, and employee recognition.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Variety Wholesalers (View Most Recent)

Slavery at its peak

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Variety Wholesalers full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are no pros to working for this company

Cons

After working for this company for over 7 years I wonder why the hell I stayed. Started out as a cashier and then to salaried management. Not only did the store manager not have a clue and we the assistants had to do his work but there was no loyalty from within the company. For over three years they did not give any one raises but continued to open up new stores and buy a new fleet of trucks to ship to those stores. We were working over 65 hours a week with no type of comp pay at all. They hired all their employees at part time to avoid having to pay them benefits. Hourly employees were only making 7.25 and before they got over time they were sent home so that the company didn't have to pay for those hours. They offer no retirement their insurance plan sucks but as long as you are bent over backwards for them its okay. Not only did the store manager not have a clue but neither did the district manager which wasn't suprising either. Especially when the employees would go to him about loss prevention issues and he would turn a blind eye to them but then continue to scream about how bad the inventory was. continuous work and no pay was the main issue along with poor management

Worst job I ever had

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Variety Wholesalers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice customers and my manager was decent.

Cons

- Worked with the company for several years and never felt appreciated.
    - Too much workload with not enough employees
    - Only one week per year of vacation for hourly full-time employees, regardless of how many years worked. No paid sick or bereavement leave for hourly full-time employees.
    - Many stores are in poor, dangerous neighborhoods, but the company wanted managers (male or female) to work alone two hours per day!
    - Not enough employees + bad neighborhoods = SO much shrinkage due to theft. Doesn't matter though--you're still responsible for your inventory if it goes bad. And if it does, they assume YOU took the money.
    - Incompetent district managers with a high turnover rate. I saw five in my four years!

There are newer employer reviews for Variety Wholesalers

Worked for Variety Wholesalers? Contribute to the Community!