Various
www.various.com Sunnyvale, CA 6 to 15 Employees

Get out of my way and let me do my job.

Senior Linux Administrator (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

ProsWe push a lot of traffic. From an Operations' perspective it is a large, interesting and exciting environment with lots of room for improvement still. There are many technical challenges to work through that are engaging. Many of the people I work with are technically very bright, personally very friendly and are fun to work with. Experimentation is encouraged and can prompt change. There is a strong culture to promote from within when appropriate and seek fresh blood when needed. The Health and 401(k) options are both decently provisioned, with low co-pays on health care and up to 4% matching on 401(k) contributions.

ConsManagement, especially Senior Management, often to seem to be at odds with the staff leading to low morale. Low morale leads to high turnover. I've had to talk others out of leaving and others have had to talk me out of it too. It often feels that management does not trust its employees. The management culture tends to prefer "fast, cheap" while the grunts usually prefer "cheap, good". Communication from management is spotty and oft changing, sometimes wildly. Resource constraints aligned with unrealistic management demands leads to rampant hack-assery, with documentation often an after thought if it was a thought at all, "wrong" decisions made in the interest of speed and things generally getting 80% finished, "good enough to work" but never with any "polish". There are only 9 holidays a year and PTO is too low, with sick days sharing the PTO pool. Telecommuting on a regular basis is verboten. Stress is often high due to too few hands leading to multiple concurrent demands on many of the Operations staff, leading to insufficient focused time for major projects. The work schedule often does not include adequate time for evaluation of options, proper implementation of solutions or documentation.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome up with a Vision and then ask us for a plan to meet that vision. Don't try to dictate technical solutions, let the techies work the technology and management work the business. When you're still not sure what's going on keep your mouth shut. When you have some certainly openly and quickly communicate what the deal is. Encourage cross group collaboration. LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES AND TAKE ACTION BASED ON THEIR FEEDBACK.

Full of opportunities.

Motor Pool Manager/Agri Support Manager (Former Employee)
    Bais, Province of Iloilo (Philippines)

I worked at Various full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good personal relationship and management support. Cons: Deadline on support & equipment repairs based on season. Advice to Senior Management: Enhance technical capabilities of service personnel Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I am a freelance Sound Supervisor in the film industry and work at various sound post production studios.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Various

Pros: All the various sound post production studios are different, but… Cons: Being freelance one never becomes a complete part of the… Advice to Senior Management: Look after your permanent staff better. More
There are newer reviews on Various.

Worked for Various? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Various reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Various CEO Rob Brackett. All reviews posted anonymously by Various employees.