There are newer employer reviews for Varolii

Has great future potential

I have been working at Varolii

Pros

Flexible Work Environment; Great downtown location and company pays 100% for bus pass. People are friendly and passionate about what they do. Senior management is engaged and are striving to do the right thing. Currently we have some new senior managers who show tremendous promise for getting Varolii back on track.

Cons

We have a very poor bonus system and currently no money to improve it. Our sales cycle takes a long time for revenue to generate, which is part of our problem.

Advice to Management

Continue to work together and strive for a common goal. Don't forget to listen to the rank and file and offer opportunities for growth and advancement whenever possible.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great group of people

I have been working at Varolii

Pros

Great group of talented, friendly people. Good environment - collaborative, good work/life balance for most positions, exciting technology, mid size company

Cons

Company hasn't had much growth so the growth opportunities for employees has been somewhat limited over the past few years, but anticipate that will change over the next year.

Advice to Management

Keep up the open communication and let employees know status of projects, roadmap etc. Continue to be open and straight forward - it goes a long way.

2. Constant learning but lots of frustration (11-12 year old company still in start up mentality).

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Varolii

Pros

- Good health benefits package
    - Good location
    - Interesting technology which presented lots of challenges but lots of learning opportunities too

Cons

- Lack of solid management
    - Executive team didn't 'hear' customers and understand their needs so took company in the wrong direction
    - Needs to mature as a company and get out of the 'start-up' mindset

Advice to Management

Clean house (think this has happened now) because poor choices in executive placement hurt the company's growth and reputation. Act like an established corporation, not a start-up.

There are newer employer reviews for Varolii