There are newer employer reviews for Varsity Tutors

Great part-time job for students

Current Employee - Academic Tutor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Academic Tutor in New York, NY

I have been working at Varsity Tutors part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible hours, great supervisors, easy to use online system, never had any conflicts with the company

Cons

will most likely need a car, could spend alot of time traveling depending how far your client lives from you

keep up the great work of organization between tutors and clients. Please be a little more accurate with subjects that need tutoring when assigning clients to the tutors

92 Other Employee Reviews for Varsity Tutors (View Most Recent)

Happiest I've Ever Been!

Current Employee - City-Wide Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - City-Wide Director in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love every aspect of my job! I get to work from home, my hours are relatively flexible, and my co-workers are wonderful and supportive. I worked as a teacher in supplemental education for many years, and I was simply burnt out from working one on one with kids. Varsity Tutors allows me to continue to help kids reach their academic goals without the exhaustion and regimented schedule of actually teaching. As a City-Wide Director I help match students with the perfect tutor who will help them succeed. The company is extremely well organized and constantly improving and growing. My team is made up of some of the most supportive and incredible people! I feel appreciated, trusted and supported in my job. I'm excited to start working every morning!

Cons

Sometimes it's tough to "turn it off" since I do work from home. However, I feel that this aspect has made me better at time management and personal goal-setting.

Keep doing what you're doing!

Incredible, Supportive, Growing Company!

Current Employee - Director of City-Wide Tutoring in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director of City-Wide Tutoring in Houston, TX

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the first company I have worked for where I have truly felt part of a team. I love working each day. My co-workers are a fun, supportive group of people that have the common goal of providing high quality tutoring services to our clients. There is not a day that goes by that I don't feel incredibly lucky to be a part of the Varsity Tutors Team.

Cons

Working from home is amazing, but does take a lot of discipline and organization. You have to get used to not having constant interaction with co-workers (although we use Skype on a consistent basis to talk with each other). It's also important to know that this is an actual job, it's not something that can be done on your schedule. We do have set hours even though we work from home. While I don't see these as "cons" I do think it is important for applicants to be aware of the differences between this job and typical "office" jobs.

There are newer employer reviews for Varsity Tutors