There are newer employer reviews for Varsity Tutors

One of the most rewarding and engaging positions I have ever had

Current Employee - Director  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time for less than a year

Pros

One thing employees realize on our team is that a position with Varsity Tutors is not just a job, but an opportunity to impact students and parents looking for academic help. The synergy of all employees, regardless of where they are located and what their position is, reflects in the open communication and meaningful dialogue that is shared everyday amongst everyone. Since becoming a part of the team, I have met bright, talented and passionate employees that make up our team and I'm amazed daily on how much we all have the passion to make a difference!

Along with our great team and exciting things we are creating to make a difference in the education landscape, we are movers and shakers!

Cons

There are a lot of hours put in on a daily basis, but the benefits of working from home, engaging daily with other Directors through Skype, and having the availability to technology for home/work-use use offsets it. Plus, when you enjoy your job so much, you don't realize how fast time flies!

Continue to be innovative, cutting-edge, and involved with education. Also, continue to be communicate laterally with all directors across all teams. It's a quality that I, along with many others, appreciate tremendously.

88 Other Employee Reviews for Varsity Tutors (View Most Recent)

Amazing Company, Amazing Owner & Amazing Career Opportunities

Current Employee - Director  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coming to work for Varsity Tutors was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The core ethics of the company and the concern/support of their employees is beyond anything I have ever experienced. As a Director, I am able to work from home or another location and take needed time off of work for appointments, child's school events or vacation. I am constantly supported and there is always an opportunity to advance with Varsity Tutors. The CEO is a phone call or an email away and always communicates back to you in a timely fashion. He is always looking for feedback from his employees and 98% of the time, one's feedback is put in motion and changes occur! How many companies actually listen to their employees?? The Regional Directors and Vice Presidents are also accessible and there is always an open door philosophy with them! Since we work remotely, one must have good time management skills and ability to complete tasks without much supervision. However, that does not mean we are alone! We are constantly chatting over video or instant messaging and we have all become very close. Finally, since being able to work from home, I have been able to cut out 3 hours of commute time per day and am able to spend more time with my child. In itself, that is an amazing thing! If you are looking for a company with lots of potential for movement upwards, a place to be recognized as being the best of the best within the educational market and the ability to work at home, Varsity Tutors is the place for you!

Cons

As a Director, long hours are part of the job. I don't feel they are a "con" but if you are not willing to be dedicated and put the hours in, this would not be a great fit for you!

Just want to publicly thank you for being so wonderful, generous, and supportive of your employees! I truly love every piece of my job and am grateful that we have found each other! Here's to many more years of success together, cheers!

I love my job!

Current Employee - City-Wide Director  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - City-Wide Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working from home is one of the best perks, but even more important are my fantastic coworkers and supervisors. Not only do I love my job, but I feel good about what I do--for me, there's nothing more important than helping students succeed.

Cons

The hours can be a bit long, but since I work from home it's not that bad. There is less face-to-face interaction, but we Skype with each other all day so it feels like I'm working right next to my coworkers!

There are newer employer reviews for Varsity Tutors

Worked for Varsity Tutors? Contribute to the Community!