Varsity Tutors

Positive Work Environment, Support from Management, Growing Company

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time

Pros

Management who listens and responds, friendly co-workers, fast-paced and challenging environment, tasks are enjoyable, technology bonus provided for new computers

Cons

Some evening and weekend work is required and I put in very long hours, but since I enjoy my job and believe in the company, I don't mind the extra time.

Thank you for listening and having an "open-door' policy in regards to suggestions and improvements for our jobs.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Varsity Tutors (View Most Recent)

One of the most rewarding and engaging positions I have ever had

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

One thing employees realize on our team is that a position with Varsity Tutors is not just a job, but an opportunity to impact students and parents looking for academic help. The synergy of all employees, regardless of where they are located and what their position is, reflects in the open communication and meaningful dialogue that is shared everyday amongst everyone. Since becoming a part of the team, I have met bright, talented and passionate employees that make up our team and I'm amazed daily on how much we all have the passion to make a difference!

Along with our great team and exciting things we are creating to make a difference in the education landscape, we are movers and shakers!

Cons

There are a lot of hours put in on a daily basis, but the benefits of working from home, engaging daily with other Directors through Skype, and having the availability to technology for home/work-use use offsets it. Plus, when you enjoy your job so much, you don't realize how fast time flies!

Continue to be innovative, cutting-edge, and involved with education. Also, continue to be communicate laterally with all directors across all teams. It's a quality that I, along with many others, appreciate tremendously.

Amazing Company, Amazing Owner & Amazing Career Opportunities

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coming to work for Varsity Tutors was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The core ethics of the company and the concern/support of their employees is beyond anything I have ever experienced. As a Director, I am able to work from home or another location and take needed time off of work for appointments, child's school events or vacation. I am constantly supported and there is always an opportunity to advance with Varsity Tutors. The CEO is a phone call or an email away and always communicates back to you in a timely fashion. He is always looking for feedback from his employees and 98% of the time, one's feedback is put in motion and changes occur! How many companies actually listen to their employees?? The Regional Directors and Vice Presidents are also accessible and there is always an open door philosophy with them! Since we work remotely, one must have good time management skills and ability to complete tasks without much supervision. However, that does not mean we are alone! We are constantly chatting over video or instant messaging and we have all become very close. Finally, since being able to work from home, I have been able to cut out 3 hours of commute time per day and am able to spend more time with my child. In itself, that is an amazing thing! If you are looking for a company with lots of potential for movement upwards, a place to be recognized as being the best of the best within the educational market and the ability to work at home, Varsity Tutors is the place for you!

Cons

As a Director, long hours are part of the job. I don't feel they are a "con" but if you are not willing to be dedicated and put the hours in, this would not be a great fit for you!

Just want to publicly thank you for being so wonderful, generous, and supportive of your employees! I truly love every piece of my job and am grateful that we have found each other! Here's to many more years of success together, cheers!

There are newer employer reviews for Varsity Tutors