Not very many hours.

Current Employee - Tutor in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Tutor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Varsity Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Varsity Tutors is a very easy to work with company. They are willing to help you as much as they can, and have a decent enough salary.

Cons

I have spent several months with no work from Varsity Tutors. Obviously during the summer and winter holiday seasons there aren't going to be hours, and I plan accordingly for that, but I went an entire semester without having a single student.

Advice to Management

I can hustle my own students for substantially more money, and I do because I'm not getting enough hours. I would recommend that there be some kind of active recruiting of students.

Other Employee Reviews for Varsity Tutors

Great Innovative Corporate Culture

I have been working at Varsity Tutors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working from home and the flexibility Varsity Tutors provides. Even though my co-workers are in different cities, we get along really well and everyone is a pleasure to work with. As the company continues to grow, it's great that the employees have the opportunity to contribute to ideas and the big picture. I feel that my opinion is valued and I am respected by my peers.

Cons

It's really hard to balance your work and personal life. It takes a lot of personal time management but it's not impossible.

Advice to Management

Please offer more professional development/training

2. An amazing company!

Current Employee - Tutor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tutor in New York, NY

I have been working at Varsity Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Varsity Tutors provides wonderful experiences for their students, parents, and tutors. I have been working with them in the New York/New Jersey area for some time, and I am constantly impressed with how the staff continually goes the extra mile to accommodate the client's request and the tutor's needs. The organization is so well-organized that there is never a problem with payment. If one is diligent in logging one's own hours, the payment is always exact and timely. Also, having been a classroom teacher in a public school system for many years, I thought I would have to forego organizational assistance and support working as a tutor, but Varsity feels like a touch of home. I have worked for other tutoring organizations, but Varsity Tutors outshines them all. Bravo!!!

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints.