Vassar College

www.vassar.edu
  www.vassar.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Vassar College

High-quality, rewarding work experience!

Current Employee - Academic Intern in Poughkeepsie, NY
Current Employee - Academic Intern in Poughkeepsie, NY

I have been working at Vassar College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I loved working with students and helping out in labs. It was a great way to supplement my educational experience at Vassar, and gain some work experience. The professors and students were all wonderful to work with. Students were highly motivated to succeed, and professors really wanted their students to do well. Overall great experience!

Cons

The pay is pretty low ($8/hour and maximum of 10 hours/week), but it was perfectly acceptable as a part-time position while I was a student. For one of the classes I had to grade for, I also had significantly more than work than was possible in the allotted time, but you are not allowed to log overtime.

I think that student intern positions that could require more than the allotted amount of time should be split with another student, or students should be allowed to log overtime.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Vassar College (View Most Recent)

Teaching Assistant at the French Department

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant for French in Poughkeepsie, NY
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant for French in Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Vassar College as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Vassar is a wonderful environment. I was given to work for very skilled professors at the French Department, and the students were very interested and involved in the class.

Cons

As a teaching assistant, I was supposed to follow the syllabus of the professors in my teachings, and so I didn't have much freedom in what I wanted to teach to students.

The administration seems to be trying to serve the needs of the students, but they don't always succeed.

I have been working at Vassar College

Pros

The hours tend to be flexible.

Cons

The work isn't terribly meaningful.

Meh. Not much to be done, though there are too many administrators, it seems.

There are newer employer reviews for Vassar College