Vassar College

www.vassar.edu

High-quality, rewarding work experience!

Academic Intern (Current Employee) Poughkeepsie, NY

ProsI loved working with students and helping out in labs. It was a great way to supplement my educational experience at Vassar, and gain some work experience. The professors and students were all wonderful to work with. Students were highly motivated to succeed, and professors really wanted their students to do well. Overall great experience!

ConsThe pay is pretty low ($8/hour and maximum of 10 hours/week), but it was perfectly acceptable as a part-time position while I was a student. For one of the classes I had to grade for, I also had significantly more than work than was possible in the allotted time, but you are not allowed to log overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think that student intern positions that could require more than the allotted amount of time should be split with another student, or students should be allowed to log overtime.

Teaching Assistant at the French Department

Teaching Assistant for French (Former Employee) Poughkeepsie, NY

I worked at Vassar College as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Vassar is a wonderful environment. I was given to work for very skilled professors… Cons: As a teaching assistant, I was supposed to follow the syllabus of the professors in my… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The administration seems to be trying to serve the needs of the students, but they don't always succeed.

I have been working at Vassar College

Pros: The hours tend to be flexible. Cons: The work isn't terribly meaningful. Advice to Senior Management: Meh. Not much to be done, though there are too… More
There are newer reviews on Vassar College.

Worked for Vassar College? Contribute to the Community!