There are newer employer reviews for Vecna Technologies

Finally a company that cares

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Vecna Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really like my coworkers, they are smart yet approachable. The work is challenging and fun. We do lots of activities after work. I joined the food club and we find nice places to eat and drink, and sometimes we cook together. There are great benefits, they cover everything, even a full time massage therapist, and they let me spend 4 hours of my workweek doing community service. The main thing is that they really care about the employees.

Cons

The company really pushes health and fitness. Sometimes (not being a very health conscience person myself) it can be uncomfortable. They don't cover full health care premiums for smokers unless you are enrolled in a smoking cessation program (but they do pay for it). I complained about it at first because it made me self-conscious about my smoking, but honestly, I need to quit, so maybe this will do the trick.

Advice to Management

I don't really like the open seating, I would prefer a cube, but the rest of the people on my team seem to want open seating and I would rather be near them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

hard work, but so fun

I have been working at Vecna Technologies

Pros

Its great here. So many of my friends from MIT also joined, so sometimes I feel like I never left except I don't have to do psets anymore. We hang out all the time after work. I can take the T to work. I like the massages and the free food.

Cons

Can't really think of anything. Sometimes people bring their pets to work, and I am a bit allergic.

Advice to Management

Hire more of my MIT friends.

I totally disagree

I have been working at Vecna Technologies

Pros

I don't really do this social media thing, but I read a bad review about Vecna that just was so wrong I had to speak up. I love this company, so don't listen to that bad review, come find out for yourself. That person who complained about everything in a review must not have worked the same place as me. The diversity is great, the community service is fun and makes a difference, and the management team is really down to earth and easy to talk to. Vecna gives me so much freedom and flexibility that saying they don't trust their employees just doesn't make sense. So sorry but I have to disagree.

Cons

Sometimes as a project manager I have to deal with a difficult client in one of our large government projects.

Advice to Management

We could use some more project managers with all the recent new customers.