Vecna Technologies

vecna.com
  vecna.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vecna Technologies

Finally a company that cares

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Vecna Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really like my coworkers, they are smart yet approachable. The work is challenging and fun. We do lots of activities after work. I joined the food club and we find nice places to eat and drink, and sometimes we cook together. There are great benefits, they cover everything, even a full time massage therapist, and they let me spend 4 hours of my workweek doing community service. The main thing is that they really care about the employees.

Cons

The company really pushes health and fitness. Sometimes (not being a very health conscience person myself) it can be uncomfortable. They don't cover full health care premiums for smokers unless you are enrolled in a smoking cessation program (but they do pay for it). I complained about it at first because it made me self-conscious about my smoking, but honestly, I need to quit, so maybe this will do the trick.

I don't really like the open seating, I would prefer a cube, but the rest of the people on my team seem to want open seating and I would rather be near them.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Vecna Technologies (View Most Recent)

Yep

I have been working at Vecna Technologies full-time

Pros

I agree with the person who disagreed. I like it here a lot. I've worked for lots of different companies, and Vecna is easily the best.

Cons

Things move pretty fast. If you don't stop and take a look around every now and then, you could miss something.

The smoke free campus is totally the right thing to do even if some people don't like it.

The free yoga class is great

I have been working at Vecna Technologies full-time

Pros

I want to jump on the band wagon too. I know who wrote that stuff, and lets just say, well... nuf said. (When I interviewed, someone told me that if we had an issue with someone we should talk to that person not about them. I like that idea, but lets just say I will need to work on it. ;-)

Yeah, so anyways, Vecna has free yoga classes, and the instructor is one of the best I have ever taken a class from.

Cons

Vecna is mostly really smart, ethical, and fun people. I love working with people that get it on stuff that makes a difference. Sometimes I have to work with a customer on one of our projects that isn't very nice to me, and that totally blows.

Start up the outside BBQs again, the weather is nice!

There are newer employer reviews for Vecna Technologies