There are newer employer reviews for Vecna Technologies

Yep

I have been working at Vecna Technologies full-time

Pros

I agree with the person who disagreed. I like it here a lot. I've worked for lots of different companies, and Vecna is easily the best.

Cons

Things move pretty fast. If you don't stop and take a look around every now and then, you could miss something.

The smoke free campus is totally the right thing to do even if some people don't like it.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Vecna Technologies (View Most Recent)

Finally a company that cares

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Vecna Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really like my coworkers, they are smart yet approachable. The work is challenging and fun. We do lots of activities after work. I joined the food club and we find nice places to eat and drink, and sometimes we cook together. There are great benefits, they cover everything, even a full time massage therapist, and they let me spend 4 hours of my workweek doing community service. The main thing is that they really care about the employees.

Cons

The company really pushes health and fitness. Sometimes (not being a very health conscience person myself) it can be uncomfortable. They don't cover full health care premiums for smokers unless you are enrolled in a smoking cessation program (but they do pay for it). I complained about it at first because it made me self-conscious about my smoking, but honestly, I need to quit, so maybe this will do the trick.

I don't really like the open seating, I would prefer a cube, but the rest of the people on my team seem to want open seating and I would rather be near them.

Growing Pains

I have been working at Vecna Technologies

Pros

The schedule is flextime which is very nice. The people are also all very hardworking which creates a good atmosphere.

Cons

The company is growing and the exec team isn't able (or willing) to build an infrastructure necessary for a company to succeed. The CEO's head is very much up in the clouds and doesn't make a lot of good decisions. We are gaining clients at a rate that is not sustainable as long as minimal effort goes into making the product "plug and play."

There are newer employer reviews for Vecna Technologies

Worked for Vecna Technologies? Contribute to the Community!