Vector Marketing

There are newer employer reviews for Vector Marketing

Great Work Experience, High paying, Welcoming Environment

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people you are working with are awesome, there is a great pay structure, gain tons of experience, awesome travel opportunities

Cons

There really aren't any, this job rocks!

They are awesome, I love my job. Keep up the great work!

735 Other Employee Reviews for Vector Marketing (View Most Recent)

A real review from someone who has had real jobs and is a real Busines Owner

Former Contractor - Cutco Sales Professional in Orland Park, IL
    Former Contractor - Cutco Sales Professional in Orland Park, IL

I worked at Vector Marketing as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

None. Absolutely none. See below.

Cons

-No base pay. This is outdated. Find yourself a sales job that pays you for your time. They do exist.
    -Complete disregard for the law. Independent contractors shouldn't have to attend meetings unpaid or get yelled at for that.
    -Outdated sales techniques and cliches that no longer work. People hate getting cold called. Despite what they tell you, calling someone for the purpose of selling them something they don't want is a cold call, as a "warm" lead is someone who has expressed interest in your product.
    -A multi-level marketing scheme with people breathing down your neck. You want to make money with a multi-level marketing scheme? Go do something like Amway where you are truly your own boss. Vector likes to tell you you are independent but treat you like garbage and provide cheesy motivational scripts to get you to do techniques that don't work like bothering people you know to buy from you.
    -Lies. You are NOT a business owner. Businesses run on systems, not on YOU. I run a storefront business and I have the ability to write my own paycheck. No one signs the front of my paycheck but ME. Also, businesses can run without you being there. Cutco is a job that YOU have to pay for. How ridiculous is that? You pay THEM for the knives and in exchange they give you $15 per appointment. My advice is that if you are entrepreneurial, skip this company and be in business for YOU without anyone dictating anything. Yes, the people giving this company 5 stars are right. You DO have to work. Wouldn't you rather put in 70+ hours of work for a 6 figure income than some weak $40,000 a year? (being very liberal with this number here)
    -Poor marketing. Vector is behind on the times here horribly. They are penny-wise and dollar-foolish. To save themselves cents on marketing, they don't pay college students for their time to do the marketing for them. If they would realize that paying for marketing would save them time, they could make money quicker instead of relying on people's weak circles of influence (of which college students have few, let's be honest). Sure, college kids have tons of friends but good luck having any of America's broke be qualified to buy your $1000 sets. If Vector advertised (direct response marketing is awesome-take this from a business owner), then they would collect warm leads that would want their knives, and they could make more sales quicker, rather than rely on inexperienced college students who don't know anything about sales.

Here is my biggest beef with Vector: they don't realize that by thinking the sales is a numbers game, they are too busy having these college kids chase prospects who would NEVER buy from them, instead of having people who NEED knives chasing Vector down for their great product. This IS a good product! You think that by not paying people a base salary that you save yourself money. But you waste a ton of productive time on these kids who you LIE to with false hope, when instead you spend a couple grand (peanuts, really) on some door hangers and postcards with a call-to-action message, and you collect some names and numbers to market to, and VOILA you have yourself some leads that WANT to spend $1000s on you instead of having to deal with huge turnover.

With this increase in leads, you get to sell more product, keep your employees longer (heck, you don't have HAVE to pay a base salary, just provide pre-set appointments since you as the company have a DUTY to market your own product).

I love how Vector says that if people don't succeed in their company, then they are lazy. The reality is that Vector marketing is based on a lazy business model of exploiting others to do the marketing for you based on false premises that they will succeed. Nobody succeeds in sales that isn't passionate about the product. College students are not passionate about cutlery. You have some good sales reps with large circles of influence, but they are NOT your majority, and the truth is you exploit your good sales reps anyway. Your sales reps aren't lazy. YOU are. You are too lazy and cheap (and possibly stupid) to not market your great product so you have a huge turnover, and your sales depend on people who don't know anything about marketing.

Here is my solution. Fix your business model so YOU do all your marketing. Then your leads are great. You should market your product because no one else is as passionate as your product as you are. I as a business owner don't have anyone market for me, because I am the best marketer seeing as I created my product. What's your excuse? Maybe you are old school. But the times don't warrant these outdated methods of "it's a numbers game" because in this information age people don't have time to be cold called or harassed. People are out there that want your product. But don't go out hounding for them. Have them come to you. You save time and money because you don't have to pay these college students for appointments that aren't even qualified. Instead you pre-set the appointments yourself, pay the salesperson the commission (meaning they make money only if you make money and not any other way), and you have yourself a fixed business model instead of some poorly executed multi-level marketing scheme that is too broken to be called a business and too slave-like to be called a job.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Vector Marketing part-time (less than a year)

Pros

You are paid what you work for
    You sell a great Product
    You have the potential to make a ton very quickly
    You will grow
    It looks great to have sales experience
    The people you meet are fun, engaging, and confident
    It is fun to go to work.

Cons

If you are lazy, don't expect to make tons of money

There are newer employer reviews for Vector Marketing