Vector Marketing

www.vectormarketing.com

A get out what you put in job

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Rockville, MD
Former Employee - Sales Representative in Rockville, MD

Pros

Potential to do very well if you put int he work. You have to be comfortable calling people you have never talked to before and doing a sales pitch. It isn't technically cold calling because they have been recommended by a friend but it feels like cold calling. I was able to make my own hours and work from home except for two required weekly meetings. Wake up at 9am, call in and tell them what im doing for the day, then go back to bed. Potential to become a branch manager or assistant manager.

Cons

The two weekly meetings are not paid but you are required to go to them. You get paid for doing a sales pitch. generally it is $17 for each pitch. but there is also commission you get for each sale. Your paycheck is determined by the lesser of the two. So if you do a $1,000 dollar sale, you get $100 (10% commission starting rate). so if you do another 5 demos and sell nothing. You technically don't get paid for those demos. I definitely felt used and under-appreciated working here. Go work in a grocery store or somewhere else that has a guaranteed pay per hour.

Appreciate employees more.

Other reviews for Vector Marketing

It was a good start up experience

Pros

I met some great people and learned great sales strategies

Cons

I have discovered that I do not like cold-calling

Difficult, disheartening, and disappointing.

Pros

While working there I had a kind boss who was understanding about my employment journey. It was something I needed at the time.

Cons

Constantly having to sell jobs to people made me feel awful. People need jobs so desperately that it felt unrealistic to recommend a job that might not turn a profit.

Change the structure of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Vector Marketing.

Worked for Vector Marketing? Contribute to the Community!