Vectren

Good.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Vectren

Pros

Pretty good benefits. Opportunity to expand my knowledge base with such a diverse portfolio of entities.

Cons

Community perspective of the company.

Obtain employee feedback.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Vectren (View Most Recent)

Good, stable place to work but sometimes is very chaotic and unorganized.

Current Employee - Specialist in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - Specialist in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Vectren

Pros

Good PTO and holiday time
    Good Pay

Cons

Chaotic Management in areas
    Communication gaps appear

every day is like going to the circus, its complete chaos, never knowing from day to day what you may or may not do...

Current Employee - FITTER/WELDER in Clarksville, IN
    Current Employee - FITTER/WELDER in Clarksville, IN

I have been working at Vectren

Pros

the benifit package (as of now) is great. the pay is well above average for the area. the location is centrally located making the commute to and from work very short for me.

Cons

the most aggrivating part of the job is being on service watch, the schedule is very unfriendly, and the process of utilizing the people on service watch isn't fair, economical or safe for costomers in the service teritory. the closing or "consolidation" of 16 locations makes it sometimes well over a 1 1/2 hr response time to a natural gas emergency. that to me, and many others, is unacceptable.

i would advise senior managment to look close at what is really important to the employees and customers. is the work being done with the the customers dollar in mind? has the recent GPS tracking actually made the work more efficient? not in my location! many of the workers have complained about driving nearly twice as far and doing half as much work... if it were me looking at the sittuation i would have to think that is a "waste of money" not to mention the more miles you travel, the more opportunity you expose your fleet of vehicles and personel to vehicular accidents. this is just ONE of *** MANY*** sittuations that could be looked at and corrected. the new technology used to track work being done isnt easy to use, needless to say the none of the systems work with the others... thus, creating more work for more people for no reason. NOTHING IS EFFICIENT ANYMORE!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Vectren