Veeco Instruments
www.veeco.com Plainview, NY 500 to 999 Employees

future for high tech career

Senior Research Scientist (Former Employee)

I worked at Veeco Instruments full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHigh Tech company with lots of new technology, and working hard to make the top runner. Most people work for technology related engineering without too much paper work.

ConsToo fast transition in market and need to follow up all changes with limited resources. requires additional work as sacrificing with less family time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to keep morality and good motivation without burning out.

Good learning, senior management is clueless

Senior Research Scientist (Current Employee)
Somerset, NJ

I have been working at Veeco Instruments full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good opportunities if you are smart Work life balance Decent pay for… Cons: 4 layoffs in 16 months Business is highly fluctuative Senior management constantly… Advice to Senior Management: Own up to your successes and failures. Don't just expect… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

It is okay

Software Support Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Veeco Instruments full-time for more than a year

Pros: Global exposure and good technologies. Cons: Very dynamic and less ownership. Advice to Senior Management: Focus on customer service where there are high revenues rather… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Veeco Instruments.

Worked for Veeco Instruments? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Veeco Instruments reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Veeco Instruments CEO John R. Peeler. All reviews posted anonymously by Veeco Instruments employees.