VCA - Nice in Theory

Current Employee - RN Provider  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - RN Provider in Washington, DC

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I accepted the job offer, I was excited and enthusiastic about the corporate culture that touted teamwork, collaborative effort, clear communication, interdisciplinary approach and patient education.

Cons

I only wish the stated values and culture were true in actuality. Upon accepting the position offer, I was excited and enthusiastic about being a member of an organization that was team oriented, patient centered and had immediate and measurable efficacy. I soon found interventions / treatments that benefitted profit over necessity.

Monthly profit goals may motivate and offer incentive to promote and submit approval for treatments that maximize corporate profit over patient need.

Other Reviews for Vein Clinics of America

RUN! Do not apply to this dysfunctional nightmare of a company!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a lot of good, hard-working people at this company.

Cons

Senior management is indecisive and clueless (specifically two individuals). They absolutely do not care about the employees and will stab anybody in the back to save their own tails. I'm surprised the parent company has not figured out that senior management has no clear vision or direction for the company. They continuously create bonus plans and goals that are unattainable and they humiliate the medical liaisons daily. The marketing department is over worked, and understaffed and there is very limited marketing support for the field since they laid off the field Regional Marketing Managers. Furthermore, they do not do anything to motivate the office staff. Sadly, employees are just numbers and VCA will lay you off in a split second without notice. VCA laid off over a dozen employees without notice and gave many of them one week's severance because they don't care about people's lives. Do not apply to this company under any circumstances because you will surely regret it! I wish I could rate this place with negative stars!

Stop making so many decisions based on emotions and PLEASE stop putting people on performance improvement plans for making the slightest mistake. My advice to Senior Management is it's harder to fall from the top and it won't be long before the parent company realizes that you are clueless and running this company into the ground. Karma is real so you might want to start trying to treat people with dignity and respect.

ostrich with head in the ground

I have been working at Vein Clinics of America full-time for less than a year

Pros

some of the clinic staff are nice. have some good connections here. the liaisons i work with are nice

Cons

bonus plan pays little to nothing, dont believe the percentage they tell you that is bankable. senior management changes their strategy every few months (tells you they really dont know what they are doing!!) information about goals shows up months late. lots of finger pointing by senior management (especially one person) and will do whatever it takes (which means bad for employees) to make their money. not about patients but clearly about the money. RUN!

get a clue. hopefully parent company will have the leadership to clean house here and get some some people who know how to encourage, support, and grow their employees. too many who turn a blind eye to what happens here. what a great company and opportunity this company has to be great. BUT NOT with the leadership in place.

There are newer employer reviews for Vein Clinics of America.

Worked for Vein Clinics of America? Contribute to the Community!