There are newer employer reviews for Velocity Technology Solutions

Customer focused approach has helped me learn and grow my career.

I have been working at Velocity Technology Solutions

Pros

The customer-centric approach at Velocity is really unique. There's a passion for doing right by the clients that I have not seen elsewhere. Although at times this resulted in a tempo and pace that was on the border of my comfort, I learned more in my job in a shorter time period than anywhere else. The quality of the the staff and the collaborative manner in which we tackled technical problems makes it the most dynamic and stimulating environment I have worked in. The quality of the staff is top notch and in my experience, I always felt management 'had by back.'

Cons

Velocity is growing and maturing quickly and with that there have been some growing pains as they are in a hot market - ERP in the Cloud. Everyone wants to be in the Cloud space right now. I think the corporate structure is growing to meet the demand of being a bigger and higher profile company. In this space, they have had to make quick decisions to stay ahead and sometimes it takes more time than it should to communicate those decisions out to the employee base.

Continue to invest in internal communications. As the geo-spread of the organization has grown and the pace has sped up, the importance of internal communications has grown exponentially.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Velocity Technology Solutions (View Most Recent)

One of the worst places to work.

I worked at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Well, The pay checks cleared.

Cons

Management will berate employees on a regular basis. They will make sure you know that you work for them not with them. Raises are given to only people who quit, so get the most you can when you get hired. The CEO loves to joke about firing people and humiliating people publicly. The management style is all about fear. They do not respect your personal time. If you can't be reached 24x7 you are failing in their minds.

Sell the company as fast as you can if you can find a buyer.

Very degrading work environment

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Velocity Technology Solutions

Pros

Good benefits, many customers in North America

Cons

All pricing had to be requested through a single person within the company. Even if you had a committment with the customer, pricing was turned around when this individual had time or liked you.

Hire the best talent, then trust your employees to do their job. Employees will engage management when the situation arises, so when that happens you should react quickly. The company is run like the military, and there is a lot of resentment from the staff. If you want happy employees, begin to treat them like humans, not like cadets.

There are newer employer reviews for Velocity Technology Solutions

Worked for Velocity Technology Solutions? Contribute to the Community!