Great Opportunities

I have been working at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Velocity is on the up and up! If you want a chance to grow your knowledge this is the place for you. You will be challenged everyday so be ready for the challenge! Work hard - play hard!

Cons

Nothing abnormal for a growing fast paced IT org

Advice to Management

Just be straight about work hours required.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Training At Velocity Is Learning The Hard Way

I worked at Velocity Technology Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Forced to learn Lawson very quickly on my own due to lack of training

Cons

I really had high expectations when I started at this organization, then day 2 came and I was like, "what was I thinking?!" This company lacks respect and integrity, employees are traded in daily and senior level positions are held no longer than 3 - 6 months at a pop. I had 3 bosses in 6 months, never provided with performance expectations or how I was performing. I had to beg different employees for support and wrote up my own processes as I went upon my day. Meeting after meeting to get nothing accomplished and traveling became a choir not an opportunity to learn and support one another.

Advice to Management

Idenitfy your true poor performers and get rid of them..then work really hard to clean up the mess and sell the organization.

Opportunity, Growth, & Responsibility

Pros

I am currently employed at Velocity and contrary to the majority of these posts I believe Velocity is actually a very good company. I decided to add my opinion to this site in effort to portray the positive aspects of this company, as most of these posts are obviously made by previous employees or a few disgruntle employees looking for an outlet. To date this company has grown by acquisition, which has taken us from about 80 employees 3 years ago to almost 250 employees today. Though this betters the company, providing more stability and opportunity to its employees, it also creates change. Sometimes that is a change in management, culture, and routine.

It is one of the few companies that hold all levels of staff to the same expectations; allowing individual and professional growth for its employees. Many of these posts mentioned how Velocity is a career builder allowing growth and experience to be gained in a short amount of time. Those same individuals then complain about the people who obviously took time to train them, establish trust and increase responsibilities, while encouraging them to excel. Velocity has great benefits with consistent increased compensation, development, and opportunity. In addition they have an open door policy.

Cons

Velocity needs to continue to increase communication with the employees. There appears to be interest in training to develop the employees, management, and senior leadership. In addition Velocity should expand the resources in the corporate functions to provide better support the growth of the business and the needs of the employees.