Velti

www.velti.com

Dysfunctional & Fragmented

Director of Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsInteresting industry and good office locations. Potential to do interesting work in a high growth sector.

ConsZero management direction, communication or respect for employees -- or each other. Completely untrustworthy and unethical. Very unfriendly, unhappy and vicious culture. Constant and visible infighting.

Employees are treated like napkins -- to be used and discarded. Employees get yelled at in the hallways. No career paths or development programs. No cooperation, planning, or coordination within or across functions and business units. Lack of systems or processes. Excessive politics and bureaucracy.

Velti's money is made by selling SMS gamification solutions to mobile operators in -- a murky business that the US heavily restricts. They've purchased a number of companies in an attempt to diversify, but failed to integrate the products or people. No agency or brand has adopted Velti’s self-service platform because it doesn't exist. The product organization is a rudderless, sinking ship.

They are not a network -- InMobi and other mobile ad network leaders don't see Velti as a competitor. The exchange is a mess and losing share. Services lacks defined solutions and project management capabilities leading to overworked employees, scope creep and quality issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and act on your strengths and weaknesses: you're good at starting a company; you're terrible at running a company. Bring in professional managers who have proven management experience. This is the only way to sustainably increase share value.

ok to stay for a while

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at Velti full-time

Pros: You will meet a lot of great people Cons: Management sucks. They don't communicate much to the team. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Velti Management

Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

I worked at Velti full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: No pros to speak of. Cons: The most poorly managed company I've ever been associated with in my 25 year career. They didn't make decisions, didn't communicate, didn't settle on… Advice to Senior Management: Be grateful to be one of a very few big players… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Velti.

Worked for Velti? Contribute to the Community!