There are newer employer reviews for Venable LLP

Nice place to start your career, but chances of long-term advancement are not terrific.

Current Employee - Attorney - 7th Year in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Attorney - 7th Year in Washington, DC

I have been working at Venable LLP

Pros

For a law firm its size, it has a higher than normal percentage of down to earth, good to work with people.

Cons

Very long partnership track. It is difficult to ascertain what you need to accomplish to advance. Compensation is mediocre for the market and the size of the firm.

Advice to Management

Be more communicative with your associates. Try to create a legitimate and non-stigmatizing non-partnership track. There are plenty of very talented and hardworking attorneys who would be willing to work for a bit less than market if there are realistic and available flexible work arrangements that would permit some semblance of a work/life balance.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. N/A

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Venable LLP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

healthy firm with forward looking strategy

Cons

an upward review structure would be helpful.

2. Boy oh boy..glad I

Former Employee - Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Venable LLP

Pros

Great co-workers. Some really amazing associates who are willing to help you and tell you what they need. Good benefits. Overtime pay is great depending on which department you work for.

Cons

Lawyers are king and LAA's are subordinates in every sense of the word. I've never been reviewed more in my life. Your happiness will all depend on which partners you get and what department you work for. Management is "pro attorney" so know that you have no advocates there. No real resolutions or support. If you're written up you can't be transferred or moved. You are stuck until you leave on your own or you're escorted off the premises by security. Thankfully I chose option one.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to your overworked underpaid support staff. Invest in office morale, better raises and better benefits. Make reviews less weighted by attorneys who are uncooperative, unhelpful and too busy to tell the staff what is needed but decides to blacklist an employee on a review.