Vendio

www.vendio.com
  www.vendio.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vendio

Start-up culture, great co-workers, excellent CEO

I worked at Vendio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company has been around for a long time, yet it still maintains a great start-up culture where you really feel like you can make an impact. The team consists of the best and brightest in e-commerce and one of the biggest perks is the life/work balance. People work hard, but working hard doesn't mean 'face time' at the office.

Cons

It seems like priorities can shift at times - again, very much like a start-up (but backed by a powerful e-commerce parent company).

8 Other Employee Reviews for Vendio (View Most Recent)

PHP/Perl oriented shop stuck with an indian java codebase that nobody wants

Former Employee - Software Development Role in Bucharest (Romania)
    Former Employee - Software Development Role in Bucharest (Romania)

I worked at Vendio full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent atmosphere, management completely oblivious to technical decisions (with ocasional hilarious stabs in the dark) - which is good, fun colleagues

Cons

Middle and top management without any technical vision, product managers better at photography than fighting for their own ideas... A chubby "architect" dude that won't stop talking crap in an attempt to prove something (God knows what)... Too much orientation towards IT operations, too little towards large scale architectures and programming skills... Lack of basic OOP knowledge among senior developers and middle dev. management... The PHP history of the company that does not help at all... A lot of people that can't use an IDE right... Crappy indian codebase, sometimes made crappier by the maintenance done here... Occasional overtime seen as a standard duty by the ones who "sacrificed" in the past :)

Make the hard decision of transforming the codebase into something manageable by rewriting parts of the application (yes, SOA)... and, yes, this is a software-centric tip for the management... Why should you care about software? Because software IS your business...

I've learnt a lot working with Vendio

Former Employee - Marketing Associate
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate

I worked at Vendio

Pros

I worked with Vendio as an independent contractor so my work schedule and job descriptions were flexible. As long as the job was done that was all that matters. I worked with a team headed by a marketing manager. Marketing manager was the only person from upper management that communicated frequently with us. It was when we were let go that we heard from upper management. The pay was not all that great but I didn't have to commute and I have also learnt a lot for the 5 years I was with them. So now I can apply my knowledge and skills more effectively in future projects. Thanks Vendio.

Cons

No communication from upper management. Pay wasn't great.

There are newer employer reviews for Vendio