There are newer employer reviews for Venetian Casino Resort Inc

it is a great experience

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc

Pros

its awesome...a lot of friendly people. pay is good. hours are stable. the games are very easy to learn.

Cons

alot of mean people at the tables. they say rude things but all in all there are more postives then negatives

they should treat the dealers and customers with more genuine respect. they should also be more clear when they demand a task from you

48 Other Employee Reviews for Venetian Casino Resort Inc (View Most Recent)

Not like it used to be...

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc

Pros

Its a good stepping stone to better things. You can cross train on games and get your time in, then move on to something better. If you get hired, expect to be on call for three plus years. If you get lucky enough to get to full time, the benefits are awesome. There are several programs that are beneficial to all the team members. We have a new online help system thats awesome.

Cons

From a dealer perspective, the job has really gone down the tubes over the last three years. Lots of lay offs, very "clicky" if you are trying to get into management. Being good at what you do isn't a requirement anymore. People who started out with the company when the doors first opened in '99 have been layed off only to have less qualified people take their place. Tokes plus pay used to be in the mid $70's per year, now down to mid 40's to low 50's and dropping fast. Considerably less if you are stuck only working three days a week with no chance of getting full time. The only records we are breaking are record lows. Tips are so low now, that to see under 70 is more common than to see over 150. To be honest, we love Adelson. The man was beyond awesone. Since the Palazzo opened, we feel like Vegas has been abandoned. Mr Adelson has incredible vision, but its mostly directed overseas now.

Hiring people who don't meet the job qualifications, or have zero actual experience in multiple departments hurt the company. Promoting underqualified people is making things worse. Its time to clean house and bring in seasoned pros who know how to turn a place around. There are still a few good people left, but they aren't appreciated. The vision the Venetian had when it first opened has been lost to greedy executives and "bean counters" that have gutted and trashed the place. When someone has a suggestion, its sad when the response is "just be glad you have a job." Bring back comps, bring back the big action. Tap into the back east and European markets. I still say Vegas is recession proof, but its not bad management proof.

I was loaded with a lot a of work without being paid enough.

Current Employee - House Keeper in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - House Keeper in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Venetian Casino Resort Inc

Pros

good health insurance , nice cafeteria

Cons

it is hard to grow professionally if you are not a Spanish speaker

respect the personnel