There are newer employer reviews for Ventana Medical

Ventana medical is a good opportunity for the ambitious and flexible hard working individuals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Ventana Medical

Pros

opportunity, now under Roche Management, ever changing challenging environment

Cons

Isolated corporate headquarters. Rapid growth has lead to some confusion of direction

Better planning of corporate strategy and rollout of plans.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Ventana Medical (View Most Recent)

Come work for a growing company that is making a difference in cancer diagnostics

Current Employee - Scientist in Oro Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Scientist in Oro Valley, AZ

I have been working at Ventana Medical

Pros

A strong culture of accountability and ownership exists at Ventana Medical Systems. Speaking up and making suggestions are encouraged and rewarded. With the recent acquisition by Roche there was some anxiousness about what the future would hold for us, but almost a year latter is seems apparent that Roche likes what we do and is taking a more hands off approach to our business. I have regular and frequent access to my manager and can express concerns or ask questions as they arise.

Combined with all this, the other people I work with enjoy being there too, so I look forward to going to work each day.

Cons

I have no major complaints with working at Ventana. The compensation package is fair and the environment is great.

Keep up the open communication and transparency with all growth that is/will be happening in the coming years.

Better with Roche in charge

Former Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Ventana Medical

Pros

The impact to the practice of medicine and the focus on the benefit to the patient. There are many dedicated, driven and passionate professionals that are focused on advancing the diagnosis of treatment. Overall in the working ranks of the company, there is a good level of professional respect. There is definitely a feeling of an up and coming company that is poised for great growth. With the acquisition by Roche, Ventana should be able to leverage Roche's reputation and commitment to science to increase their product offering. I think that Chris Gleeson's personality and leadership are big plus for Ventana.

Cons

While I was there the Sales departments where the leaders of the organization. This was troubling for the R&D department's commitment to deliver science that delivered clinical benefit. The sales sole focus on the quarter's numbers dominated all decisions and lead to short-sighted gains at the expense of long term strategy. The sales force were very aware of the position in the company and frequently "threw their weight around". Interdepartmental effectiveness was limited due their compensation being tied to competing factors that were not strategically aligned. Their were a lot of pet projects that received the departments first attention instead the projects that were consistent with the strategy of the company.

Ensure that everyone is aligned with the strategic goals

There are newer employer reviews for Ventana Medical