There are newer employer reviews for Venteon

One of the most toxic environments to work in I've ever seen.

I worked at Venteon

Pros

The co-workers are, for the most part, very nice. The commute is reasonable. The database is reasonably robust. The office is nice.

Cons

Very money driven. Will hire people with virtually no experience because they can underpay them. Everyone in management is secretive about commission plans because they discriminate.

Get a clue. The reason why you have such dramatic turnover is because of the way you mistreat and underpay your people.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Venteon (View Most Recent)

Great small company to prove your recruiting skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Venteon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for a few other staffing agencies and the environment at Venteon offers so much more flexibility in my schedule to allow for a decent work/life balance. The salaries are decent, probably average with other staffing agencies. Although management says we're metrics-driven, there's no one confronting you on a daily basis which provides a good working environment. Each group - accounting/finance, IT, engineering, administrative - work together as a team and most try to help each other with clients and candidates. I like the office environment - each employee has their own, somewhat secluded, cubicle or office. It's not a huge open pit like some other agencies where you can't even hear yourself think. The employees also do a lot of things together - baseball game, happy hours, boat cruise, volunteering at a soup kitchen in Detroit. The owners also donate a bunch of money to various charities and families that the employees refer at Christmas. It's not a perfect company but it's a great company to start or continue your career in recruiting.

Cons

The medical benefits are a little expensive and it would be great if they offered vision insurance. There has been some turnover over the last two years but I think it has to do with us hiring entry-level recruiters. Some of the people that have left just didn't like recruiting. I do think there needs to be a better process to evaluate employees, give raises, and offer some perks. I'd also like to see our family picnic or trip to the zoo return this year.

My advice to the owners would be to focus on what we're best at. They tried to branch out into other things like mobile app development that just didn't work and I'm sure cost our company a lot of money.

"If you are looking for a great work environment, look no further!"

Former Employee - Office/Recruiting Coordinator  in  Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Office/Recruiting Coordinator in Troy, MI

I worked at Venteon as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

While working here I never felt as if I wasn't a big part of the team, even though I was working a contract assignment. The management staff is extremely friendly and always makes new employee's feel welcome. Everyone works together to reach goals and are always willing to help each other out. I really appreciated the teamwork I experienced working here. I worked in an administrative capacity but from my experience with the recruitment staff, they all seemed genuinely happy with their position and benefits. The company offers a good work-life balance, central location, and opportunities for advancement. If you enjoy staffing and recruitment, you will like working for Venteon. I really enjoyed my time with the company and wish I could have stayed.

Cons

For me, the only con was location, but I live in Howell, MI.

There are newer employer reviews for Venteon

Worked for Venteon? Contribute to the Community!