There are newer employer reviews for Venteon

One of the most toxic environments to work in I've ever seen.

I worked at Venteon

Pros

The co-workers are, for the most part, very nice. The commute is reasonable. The database is reasonably robust. The office is nice.

Cons

Very money driven. Will hire people with virtually no experience because they can underpay them. Everyone in management is secretive about commission plans because they discriminate.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. The reason why you have such dramatic turnover is because of the way you mistreat and underpay your people.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Venteon full-time

Pros

Company ownership provides great support to middle-management, allowing each recruiting specialization the flexibility to train and run individual employee desks in a way that recognizes each individual's strengths and seeks to nurture and capitalize on those strengths. Incentive bonuses (quarterly gift cards for production leaders, annual all-expenses paid trip, cash bonuses for top producers) have achievable goals.

Cons

Because of the smaller size, there is not a lot of room for advancement. The nature of the industry generally turns employees over faster than other industries, which can be tough on morale.

Advice to Management

Continue empowering middle management do what works for their teams. Recognize and reward success early and often.

Great small company to prove your recruiting skills

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Venteon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've worked for a few other staffing agencies and the environment at Venteon offers so much more flexibility in my schedule to allow for a decent work/life balance. The salaries are decent, probably average with other staffing agencies. Although management says we're metrics-driven, there's no one confronting you on a daily basis which provides a good working environment. Each group - accounting/finance, IT, engineering, administrative - work together as a team and most try to help each other with clients and candidates. I like the office environment - each employee has their own, somewhat secluded, cubicle or office. It's not a huge open pit like some other agencies where you can't even hear yourself think. The employees also do a lot of things together - baseball game, happy hours, boat cruise, volunteering at a soup kitchen in Detroit. The owners also donate a bunch of money to various charities and families that the employees refer at Christmas. It's not a perfect company but it's a great company to start or continue your career in recruiting.

Cons

The medical benefits are a little expensive and it would be great if they offered vision insurance. There has been some turnover over the last two years but I think it has to do with us hiring entry-level recruiters. Some of the people that have left just didn't like recruiting. I do think there needs to be a better process to evaluate employees, give raises, and offer some perks. I'd also like to see our family picnic or trip to the zoo return this year.

Advice to Management

My advice to the owners would be to focus on what we're best at. They tried to branch out into other things like mobile app development that just didn't work and I'm sure cost our company a lot of money.