Ventura Foods
www.venturafoods.com Brea, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good company that treats people fairly. Tenure trumps knowledge.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Brea, CA

ProsGood work/life balance. Solid benefits. The company sets realistic target performance goals making target bonus very possible. Lower level staff very genuine.

ConsA bit behind the times in staffing and approach to the business. To overcome that, Ventura is implementing CPG HR approaches...painful and probably too far. Difficult to be a new team member in some locations as there is a strong longevity network in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more deliberate in thinking. Consider staff feedback in the context of background and experience. Nope...senior staff off sites are not leading to good decisions.

You have to be Mexican to stay with this company here.

Operator (Former Employee)
    Saginaw, TX

I worked at Ventura Foods

Pros: The job is a stable place with great hours and… Cons: You have to be an Mexican to keep your job… Advice to Senior Management: The rules for occurances or over rated.When we are sick you want us to stay home but then we get a 1 point counted toward… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Too much company politics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Brea, CA

I worked at Ventura Foods

Pros: 401K, Vision, Medical, Stock Options Cons: Too much politics; projects tends to drag on due to… Advice to Senior Management: Be more clear and concise in terms of project communications… More
There are newer reviews on Ventura Foods.

Worked for Ventura Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ventura Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ventura Foods CEO Christopher (Chris) Furman. All reviews posted anonymously by Ventura Foods employees.