There are newer employer reviews for Vera Bradley

The things you need to learn are overwhelming.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntington Station, NY

I have been working at Vera Bradley

Pros

Vera Bradley has a great company structure overall. How the customers are treated is very classy and they employ nice people.

Cons

Some of the lower level managers I've experienced act condescending towards their employees. The higher level managers are very nice and understanding.

Advice to Management

Some people are able to do read guests and situations better than others can. Pushing sales isn't a comfortable task for many people.

reviews filtered by

Best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Store Associate
    Current Employee - Store Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working for Vera Bradley mostly because of the company's Core Values. Our core values include having fun, being fussy, showing respect, being humble, and honesty. I have made so many great friends working for Vera Bradley, and I have learned so much about myself because of this job. It pushes me to be a better person, and I know that no matter how bad my day can be, someone at work will always manage to make me laugh.

Cons

The major pain in the butt for me has got to be the tags on all the items. They always get stuck in the zippers, and when I'm showing an item to a guest, they think it's a defect when the zipper doesn't want to close. I wish there were a better way to store the tags. Other than that, there aren't really any cons.

Advice to Management

A piece of advice I would share with my upper management is that they should be more humble. It's okay to let me help you. You don't have to take care of every little thing all by yourself. That's why you hired us, so we can help you.

Best Retail Experience

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time

Pros

I love the people I work with. The guests are pretty great too. They focus on making connections and relationships with the customers and it really creates a great work environment.

Cons

Management is always a problem. They are more likely to hire from outside the company than promote from within. This doesn't do any favors for the morale of the employees. Also, the tardiness policy SUCKS!

Advice to Management

Communication and respect is key. You have to be approachable.