"A Girl's Best Friend"

I worked at Vera Bradley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It would be great to be able to list a number of "Pros" to try and balance this out, but it is too difficult. Great discounts. Employees get nice benefits package. Salary basically fair.

Cons

Located out in the middle of nowhere now. No support services around. Not a real team culture - too political with everyone protecting their little piece of the turf regardless of anyone else. Holds on to archaic business practices. Extremely inefficient.

Advice to Management

Suffice it to say: If my " Best Friend" treated me like all my "Girl's Best Friends" at Vera Bradley, I would ditch her! This concept,if practiced in the truest sense, would be great;however that concept is broken from top to bottom. It's all a matter of opinion if someone is or is not being "A Girl's Best Friend." Too subjective and too political and careers are made or broken on this ridiculous concept.

Other Employee Reviews for Vera Bradley

1. Fantastic company and great people

Former Employee - Industrial Engineering Intern
    Former Employee - Industrial Engineering Intern

Pros

I loved my time that I spent at Vera and would love an opportunity to come back and work there again.

Cons

The ever expanding product line makes it very difficult to get out from under a small mountain of inventory. That was my only issue.

Sales Consultant

I worked at Vera Bradley full-time

Pros

Wonderful people....true feeling of family. Flexibility of job. Decent benefits, and good MTO package. Salary is at the top for the gift industry.

Cons

Business is volatile...challenged with attrition of retailers. Often working far more than 40 hours due to events, paperwork, and projects...just be prepared for that.

Advice to Management

Listen to your sales consultants...they are on the front line of what's going on in the industry. Minimize paperwork and reports.