Vera Bradley

www.verabradley.com
  www.verabradley.com
There are newer employer reviews for Vera Bradley

Best company I've ever worked for.

Current Employee - Store Associate
Current Employee - Store Associate

I have been working at Vera Bradley part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working for Vera Bradley mostly because of the company's Core Values. Our core values include having fun, being fussy, showing respect, being humble, and honesty. I have made so many great friends working for Vera Bradley, and I have learned so much about myself because of this job. It pushes me to be a better person, and I know that no matter how bad my day can be, someone at work will always manage to make me laugh.

Cons

The major pain in the butt for me has got to be the tags on all the items. They always get stuck in the zippers, and when I'm showing an item to a guest, they think it's a defect when the zipper doesn't want to close. I wish there were a better way to store the tags. Other than that, there aren't really any cons.

A piece of advice I would share with my upper management is that they should be more humble. It's okay to let me help you. You don't have to take care of every little thing all by yourself. That's why you hired us, so we can help you.

74 Other Employee Reviews for Vera Bradley (View Most Recent)

"A Girl's Best Friend"

I worked at Vera Bradley full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It would be great to be able to list a number of "Pros" to try and balance this out, but it is too difficult. Great discounts. Employees get nice benefits package. Salary basically fair.

Cons

Located out in the middle of nowhere now. No support services around. Not a real team culture - too political with everyone protecting their little piece of the turf regardless of anyone else. Holds on to archaic business practices. Extremely inefficient.

Suffice it to say: If my " Best Friend" treated me like all my "Girl's Best Friends" at Vera Bradley, I would ditch her! This concept,if practiced in the truest sense, would be great;however that concept is broken from top to bottom. It's all a matter of opinion if someone is or is not being "A Girl's Best Friend." Too subjective and too political and careers are made or broken on this ridiculous concept.

Fantastic company and great people

Former Employee - Industrial Engineering Intern
    Former Employee - Industrial Engineering Intern

I worked at Vera Bradley

Pros

I loved my time that I spent at Vera and would love an opportunity to come back and work there again.

Cons

The ever expanding product line makes it very difficult to get out from under a small mountain of inventory. That was my only issue.

There are newer employer reviews for Vera Bradley